Ask a Sprint Guy!

All42ch

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
There is absolutely no official answer on this. I've searched high and low trying to find an answer about Navigation and have nary a clue. For now, consider these apps and services gone. However, I do expect at some point, that there will be a Sprint Navigation app in the App Store at some point. In fact, I'd bet my salary on it. Sprint TV? Not likely to happen for a while. Football live? Not likely either, but there are MANY replacements in the App Store that I can see right now. NASCAR? Really...?

You have to realize that the majority of the company found out about the iPhone when you did. Even AT&T was several months late to the navigation game. For now, rely on the Google Maps app, buy a third party solution, or be patient for a few months.
I had SFL on my old android. I'd like to end the score update texts I receive, but since I can't download the app on my iPhone, I can't access the settings. Any ideas?

Thank you

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK there is no ##DATA# option. (If there is, I haven't been able to find it, although provisioning seems to be going more or less perfectly for iPhones lately so I haven't had a need for it). Provisioning is in the vast majority of cases handled OTA like all of the recent Sprint phones. Likely, they did not include ##DATA# abilities into the firmware to keep the baseband and firmware on parity with the Verizon model, making updates cheaper and easier for Apple. It's not really recommended for the majority of our data capable phones to program manually as they usually detect provisioning status at boot up. Most phones will attempt to activate automatically and this is what the iPhone is doing except silently. This is why they ask you to keep the iPhone off during activation. If provisioning information is needed to be reset, they will direct you to perform a ##RTN# which is a full device clear since it's assumed you're backing up to iCloud or iTunes. For all intents and purposes ##DATA# is not needed. Note that some Blackberry models in the last few years have had the ##DATA# feature disabled.

You can use ##UPDATE# to update your data profile if you decide to switch numbers and this should remove the necessity to ##3282# in the first place.

As a sidenote or FYI, HTC and select other Android phones will respond to the ##DATA# diagnostic code, but other Android devices will use the ##SCRTN# diagnostic code. Especially if it's AOSP Android.

Cool, thanks for the reply!

Also, how do we find the current PRL we are running on the iPhone?

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
I had SFL on my old android. I'd like to end the score update texts I receive, but since I can't download the app on my iPhone, I can't access the settings. Any ideas?

Thank you

Good question. First I would try the standard methods for ending text alerts. Almost any legit text service will unsubscribe you if you reply "stop" or "unsubscribe" and I'm hoping that this is the case since Sprint has no reason to continue spamming score updates to you. Beyond that, you're likely looking at a call to technical support. I'd offer to give you the direct number but they have disabled it. You might also try going into your Sprint.com account and see if you can disable all premium services or even block that specific short code, although this is really dramatic and I'd try the other two methods first.

ericUT

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice