Sprint vs AT&T

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea on which network is faster for 3G data? Also, will the Sprint iPhone 4S be able to handle making a call and being on the web at the sometime?

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea on which network is faster for 3G data? Also, will the Sprint iPhone 4S be able to handle making a call and being on the web at the sometime?

They're both pretty close last I checked.

And no. Don't believe so. None of the other 3G devices can last I checked. (without WIFI of-course)

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
My 2 cents

I've been with Sprint now for about 10 years, and I also have a work phone that's At&t. I love Sprint, and the past few years they have really been stepping their game up. I have 3 phones (Family Plan w/1500 anytime minutes) and I pay under $200 a month. Sprint has an Employee discount program that is great! Sears employees get 25% off of there bill.
Now as for your question, NO Sprint cannot serf the web and talk at the same time unless you're using WiFi. They're working on getting this fixed but it's still a few years away. I'm not sure about you but I use WiFi 90% of the time so this does not effect me.
Now for my personal opinion on carries. I would have to say Sprint all the way. I'm not knocking At&t or Verizon but I feel sprint is better. I travel a lot for work, and in a years time I can visit over 30 different states. Do I have problems, like dropped calls etc? Yes, but its very seldom. I also like that Sprint is the 3rd largest carrier. I feel that they work harder for your business. Their customer service use to be terrible, but now it's very nice. At least now when I call I get to talk to someone who I understand. There's a lot of perks with Sprint, just as there is with the other 2. I also heard(Not sure if its true but it sounds good) that sprints has the most loyalest customers, and that 60% of their customers have been with them for 5 years or longer. Good luck an hope you find one that works :D

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It depends where you live but let's say you have great coverage for both sprint and AT&T. The iPhone 4S on AT&T will still be faster due to the network and the speed boost the iPhone 4S has.

Browsing while on a call I not possible on CDMA network like the one sprint uses but you can use wifi and get the same thing.

BigLan

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I travel a lot for work, and in a years time I can visit over 30 different states.

This is my mine concern because I too travel a lot. So I'm not able to address WiFi during these times. Which means that being on the phone & pulling down GPS traffic information isn't possible. Because traffic data comes from an online source. Is this correct or am I missing something?

paul-c

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
The AT&T iPhone 4S is supposedly faster because of the GSM factor. I wouldn't let that be a deal breaker though. Sprint does have that unlimited data.

vzwdavid

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
AT&T's coverage area is much better... Sprint is ok if you never need to leave your home area but other wise they have the worst coverage of any carrier.

lennyj17

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
AT&T's coverage area is much better... Sprint is ok if you never need to leave your home area but other wise they have the worst coverage of any carrier.

Not for me and I'm guessing 52million other people.....Me and my Hubby travel all over the U.S and Sprint has never given us any problems signal wise....and they have the best Pricing for people who want it all "Unlimited" like we do.

My Sister and her daughter left Sprint for AT&T for the Iphone 3G's and they still hate it the poor quality is not worth the extreme price she's paying (her words).....She's coming back to Sprint now that it has the iPhone and is thanking GOD she resisted not upgrading to the iPhone 4 with them.

So YMMV.....Sprint works best for some, AT&T and Verzion works best for others....Please lets not start carrier wars enough forums are over run with "My carrier is better than yours"

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

Like I said, Sprint isn't for everyone. But you yourself even said "Sprint is ok if you never need to leave your home area" So I guess 52 million people have great service in their "Home Area"?

Reactions: GuyKujawa

Dean50

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
From my experience AT&T's service can either really suck or work perfectly fine - one or the other. AT&T's service in the bay area is notorious for dropping calls and only having one to two bars. Using 3G there is also painfully slow. The bay area is an exception though because I've had great service using AT&T in other larger cities. AT&T's drawback is in rural areas and smaller cities so if you do a lot of traveling (road trips) then expect to not have great service.

I've heard Sprint's pretty bad in the midwest from friends that live out there. A lot of people in Chicago and surrounding areas have Spring but they're service isn't great. However, that's an exception for sprint - it has pretty good service in other areas including small cities. It's known for having great service on the east coast.

If you want a more detailed comparison, check out this article - getcomparisons.com/sprint-vs-at-t

spuntz82

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
From my experience AT&T's service can either really suck or work perfectly fine - one or the other. AT&T's service in the bay area is notorious for dropping calls and only having one to two bars. Using 3G there is also painfully slow. The bay area is an exception though because I've had great service using AT&T in other larger cities. AT&T's drawback is in rural areas and smaller cities so if you do a lot of traveling (road trips) then expect to not have great service.

I've heard Sprint's pretty bad in the midwest from friends that live out there. A lot of people in Chicago and surrounding areas have Spring but they're service isn't great. However, that's an exception for sprint - it has pretty good service in other areas including small cities. It's known for having great service on the east coast.

If you want a more detailed comparison, check out this article - getcomparisons.com/sprint-vs-at-t

You're right, I just came back from Wisconsin, and my service was kind of shady. Chicago's 4g was fun to play with(pretty good, but New Orleans is better).

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods