My upgrade wasn't until 04/2012. Out of a whim, I logged onto my account to see if I could potentially try and call CS and request an early upgrade. When I logged in, it told me I was eligible for an upgrade!

16gb WHITE iPhone 4s coming my way
    10-07-2011 04:01 PM
    Not me, still has my original upgrade date. Good for you though.
    10-07-2011 04:24 PM
    Just out of curiosity...are you on a family plan? And if so, did you make sure you weren't actually using another line on your family plan's upgrade eligibility?
    Premium1 likes this.
    10-07-2011 04:33 PM
    Lucky you! I tried to get them to let my husband (second line) upgrade 4 months early. We are both upgrading from dumb phones, so you'd think they'd approve it. No go. So Verizon just lost two long-time customers, and AT&T got new ones. It's worth the early termination fee to us.
    10-07-2011 04:48 PM
    My upgrade wasn't until 04/2012. Out of a whim, I logged onto my account to see if I could potentially try and call CS and request an early upgrade. When I logged in, it told me I was eligible for an upgrade!

16gb WHITE iPhone 4s coming my way
    That's awesome, same thing happened to me a while back when i got my Palm Pre on Sprint
    10-07-2011 04:51 PM
    Lucky you! I tried to get them to let my husband (second line) upgrade 4 months early. We are both upgrading from dumb phones, so you'd think they'd approve it. No go. So Verizon just lost two long-time customers, and AT&T got new ones. It's worth the early termination fee to us.
    I don't see how going to a carrier with bad service is "worth it".
    10-07-2011 04:54 PM
    Interesting. This certainly isn't widespread, are you sure you didn't use another line on a family plan?
    10-07-2011 04:55 PM
    Not on a family plan. I'm not really sure why they are letting me upgrade early. I did have to pay a $20 fee though for upgrading early which is fine by me. I have no desire to call to figure it out either.
    10-07-2011 05:23 PM
    The exact same thing happened to me this morning. Paid $20 and bingo new 4s headed my way. Thank you Verizon! Well of course as much as most of us upgrade and the length that we have been customers I think we kinda deserve it...
    10-07-2011 05:26 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I got an email from Verizon, clicked on my line, which was showing I was eligible for an upgrade to the new 4S. For an additional $20, I will have the new phone in my hot little hands on the 14th!!!!!

I had just gotten the iPhone 4 a few months ago! Oh, wow!!!
    10-07-2011 05:30 PM
    I don't see how going to a carrier with bad service is "worth it".
    I've seen a big improvement in the quality of customer service at my local ATT store. The reception in the areas I use my phone most is excellent. You are making a generalization based on what? I left verizon for ATT because we get a higher corporate discount & it was a good move for me and the hubby. Do we really need carrier bashing? Sheesh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-07-2011 05:56 PM
    I've seen a big improvement in the quality of customer service at my local ATT store. The reception in the areas I use my phone most is excellent. You are making a generalization based on what? I left verizon for ATT because we get a higher corporate discount & it was a good move for me and the hubby. Do we really need carrier bashing? Sheesh!

Haha my friends and I go back and forth all the time when we are drunk whether ATT or Verizon is better. Nobody wins but it's fun nevertheless.
    Last edited by Cydar; 10-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.
    10-07-2011 06:30 PM
    Haha my friends and I go back and forth all the time when we are drunk whether ATT or Verizon is better. Nobody wins but it's fun nevertheless.
    And I do as well with my friends because we all have iPhones and we're split between each carrier. We have fun with it, certainly don't put each other down.

10-07-2011 07:53 PM
    And I do as well with my friends because we all have iPhones and we're split between each carrier. We have fun with it, certainly don't put each other down.

The whole point was paying a termination fee because of not being able to upgrade early. No mention of higher discount or any service related reason.
    10-07-2011 08:08 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I got an email from Verizon, clicked on my line, which was showing I was eligible for an upgrade to the new 4S. For an additional $20, I will have the new phone in my hot little hands on the 14th!!!!!

I had just gotten the iPhone 4 a few months ago! Oh, wow!!!
    Before February last year, Verizon let the primary line on the account upgrade every year with only charging an extra $20 fee. So if you upgraded more then a year ago, and are the primary line that is why you were able to upgrade. It doesn't an earlier date when you are on the main Verizon page, but like you did when you click on the phone it will give you the upgrade price.
    10-07-2011 08:08 PM
    The whole point was paying a termination fee because of not being able to upgrade early. No mention of higher discount or any service related reason.
    Well I am sorry...I can understand your frustration. But that's how it is with contracts. Is adding a line not an option for you? I'm just asking to help you explore options.

10-07-2011 08:36 PM
    Well I am sorry...I can understand your frustration. But that's how it is with contracts. Is adding a line not an option for you? I'm just asking to help you explore options.

That was what the person was saying...they would cancel and pay the termination just because they couldn't upgrade early at a subsidized price. They always come out with new versions of the iPhone ... it's hard to keep up.
    10-07-2011 10:50 PM
    I just called and asked about the early upgrade for $20...and she said no my upgrade is 4/2/12 and 4/5/12 and told them i could come in on 3/31/12 and they said no
    03-18-2012 05:09 PM
    Verizon has let me do early upgrades two years in a row . They love me . Plus we have been with them for 10 years so they take care of us
    03-19-2012 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD