help: Verizon insurance vs Applecare

Will you pick phone Carrier insurance , Applecare ,both or none?

• Carrier insurance

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • Applecare

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • No coverage at all I will take a chance.

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • I want the most coverage. Both please

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • 3rd party coverage

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The only real downside of owning an iPhone is that its extremely popular and that makes it highly sought after by thieves. Its the Toyota Camry of the Smartphone world. Carrier insurance is good for that, but still I would like AppleCare+

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I went with Applecare+. Asurion is just to expensive. $10.99 a month plus $169 deductible is just crazy. I can't fathom a way for my phone to get stolen. It's always with me and I am well protected. Loss is certainly possible but a remote possibility. Total cost of both services but two replacements is a startling difference. Applecare+, $200. Asurion, $601. That's a pretty tidy sum.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I just read sprint will not offer insurance. This is a good thing for applecare. I wonder if verizon will follow suit.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but forgive me. This will be my first iphone purchase. If you preorder through the carrier's website do they ask you about getting applecare? Or do you have to pay for that separately on apple's website?

i received an email on this. I just need to reply to it to get my applecare.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think what the carriers charge for insurance on the iPhone is ludicrous. The only advantage it has over Applecare is loss/theft coverage. The huge monthly fee plus huge deductible just isn't worth it.

kfreemanii

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I would go with apple care for the iphone. its a little silly to have both, and the deductible for verizon it too high plus you can always extend your apple care after it is up.

D0minoid

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I went with the applecare with sprint because the TEP is not covering the phone.

on a side note.. Sprint is offering the Applecare +. Here is part of my order :
"Thank you for purchasing the AppleCare+ along with your iPhone."

simplylaurakb

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
The tech support I've received with other devices is what makes AppleCare worth it to me. They've been incredibly helpful to me when I've had issues...

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
I agree. I don't want to have issues with my phone and the applecare saved me 500 bucks on my harddrive crash on my imac. It was a great experience.

tritan

Jan 6, 2001
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but forgive me. This will be my first iphone purchase. If you preorder through the carrier's website do they ask you about getting applecare? Or do you have to pay for that separately on apple's website?

I got an email in the mail asking to add applecare by replying to the email. No reply back yet.. strange isn't it?

elavum

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
One piece of information to highlight is that I pay for the apple car + in advance and I only have to pay month to month if I am on an insurance. Buy apple care if you have money right now or else carrier insurance is not bad option.

PS: I brought applecare+ though;)

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
its a little silly to have both
You might want to read a bit more. Other than damage coverage they're apples and oranges. Insurance != warranty. Applecare is really an extended warranty plus accidental damage. Carrier insurance does not cover warranty items. Read the details. Look past just pricing. Don't make assumptions.

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
AppleCare + covers everything a normal phone insurance covers EXCEPT loss or theft.

When I bought my 4S, I was told that I HAD to buy it at the time of purchase(apparently this is apple's new rule).

Choose wisely! ;)

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW