View Poll Results: Will you pick phone Carrier insurance , Applecare ,both or none?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Carrier insurance

13 28.26%
  • Applecare

24 52.17%
  • No coverage at all I will take a chance.

7 15.22%
  • I want the most coverage. Both please

2 4.35%
  • 3rd party coverage

0 0%
    I would go with apple care for the iphone. its a little silly to have both, and the deductible for verizon it too high plus you can always extend your apple care after it is up.
    10-10-2011 01:42 AM
    I went with the applecare with sprint because the TEP is not covering the phone.

on a side note.. Sprint is offering the Applecare +. Here is part of my order :
    "Thank you for purchasing the AppleCare+ along with your iPhone."
    10-10-2011 07:59 AM
    The tech support I've received with other devices is what makes AppleCare worth it to me. They've been incredibly helpful to me when I've had issues...
    10-10-2011 08:06 AM
    I agree. I don't want to have issues with my phone and the applecare saved me 500 bucks on my harddrive crash on my imac. It was a great experience.
    10-10-2011 05:45 PM
    This may be a dumb question, but forgive me. This will be my first iphone purchase. If you preorder through the carrier's website do they ask you about getting applecare? Or do you have to pay for that separately on apple's website?

I got an email in the mail asking to add applecare by replying to the email. No reply back yet.. strange isn't it?
    10-11-2011 05:57 PM
    unless you lose your phone a lot I would go with applecare+. That's what I'm doing
    10-24-2011 05:09 PM
    One piece of information to highlight is that I pay for the apple car + in advance and I only have to pay month to month if I am on an insurance. Buy apple care if you have money right now or else carrier insurance is not bad option.

PS: I brought applecare+ though
    10-28-2011 05:41 PM
    I think we'll be getting AppleCare+. Apple telephone support is awesome!
    Agreed, one of the reasons why I always get Apple care for my devices.
    10-29-2011 09:47 AM
    its a little silly to have both
    You might want to read a bit more. Other than damage coverage they're apples and oranges. Insurance != warranty. Applecare is really an extended warranty plus accidental damage. Carrier insurance does not cover warranty items. Read the details. Look past just pricing. Don't make assumptions.
    10-29-2011 11:12 PM
    AppleCare + covers everything a normal phone insurance covers EXCEPT loss or theft.

When I bought my 4S, I was told that I HAD to buy it at the time of purchase(apparently this is apple's new rule).

Choose wisely!

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk
    10-30-2011 12:23 AM
    wow haven't checked on the post for some time and I am glad I went with applecare.
    10-30-2011 11:11 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD