iPhone on the Sprint Employee Referral Plan

teraSMASH

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
do you think they 16g will be available on the website when they restock on friday? the wording kind of concerns me "available in stores on oct 14"

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure, its all very secretive. It looks as though only a handful of phones were slated for pre-order, and there is a supply that is marked for the main release. But like you said, it may only be in stores. Apple loves the videos of people waiting in line at the stores showing up on the evening news. It reinforces the impression that there is incredible demand for the iPhone.

Scout_313

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been on Verizon for years and am not considering leaving them due to being on a family share plan, but that's awesome that Sprint allows you to do that. If I were in the market for a new service provider, that would definitely influence my decision.

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The Sprint employee referral plan has family plans as well...maybe you should take a look? You all get unlimited data and can share a large pool of minutes (not that you'd need them, with Any Mobile, Anytime)

teraSMASH

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
are you quitting or something? like, is there any reason you're doing this other than to be a nice guy? i mean, i'm not complaining, you're doing god's work here, but won't these plans go away if you leave?

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
are you quitting or something? like, is there any reason you're doing this other than to be a nice guy? i mean, i'm not complaining, you're doing god's work here, but won't these plans go away if you leave?

Those are the Advantage Club plans that you are thinking of. I'm only allowed to have 30 of those, they are tied to my credit/paycheck, and evaporate when I leave Sprint. These accounts, on the other hand, are all yours until the day you decide to close them. There is no limit to how many people I can sign up (there are rumors out there that I have more accounts than any other employee except for the VP of Marketing, and I'm working on passing him too :) ) and they persevere even if I leave Sprint.

We are encouraged to offer these plans to attract new customers. You could say I take that encouragement to extremes, lol. I love working at Sprint, I think we have a lot to offer, I like having the opportunity to share that with people who geek out over smartphones like I do :D

ivhs72

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I've been on Sprint for several years with SERO that my neighbor got me on. It's changed a bit over the years, but with the unlimited mobile to mobile/data/text it is the best bang for the buck around. I had four lines, and two of us switched to AT&T since Sprint couldn't get our Blackberry issues resolved, and I'm not an android fan. But now that Sprint has the iPhone, I will be able to port these numbers back, and save about $40/month on my bill. Sure there are pros and cons to all carriers, but Sprint has always done right by me (except for not getting the iPhone soon enough).

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
if you already have a discount thru your employeer. can that be applied to this too ? or would that be "stacking" discounts. thanks

Generally it's one or the other, most times if you have an employee discount where you work it'll beat this deal. Different companies have negociated different discounts with Sprint, some are only 10-15% while I have seen others as high as 30%.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
@CowLikeObject, thanks for all the information so far! I've bookmarked this thread, but I have a couple questions.

I don't see a place to port my number over in the online form. I was thinking of doing the google voice thing you were talking about, because I'm all ready with sprint. Would I have to call in after I got my phone to port my number into the sero plan if I made one?

Also, I might not need sero if the discounts don't stack on top of each other. I got my Palm Pre through another employee who gave me a 20% employee discount, which looks like it's saving me a little more than sero would. Do employee discounts automatically transfer over to a new 2 year contract every time?

Thanks again.

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
@CowLikeObject, thanks for all the information so far! I've bookmarked this thread, but I have a couple questions.

I don't see a place to port my number over in the online form. I was thinking of doing the google voice thing you were talking about, because I'm all ready with sprint. Would I have to call in after I got my phone to port my number into the sero plan if I made one?

Also, I might not need sero if the discounts don't stack on top of each other. I got my Palm Pre through another employee who gave me a 20% employee discount, which looks like it's saving me a little more than sero would. Do employee discounts automatically transfer over to a new 2 year contract every time?

Thanks again.

Ok, there are a couple of things going on in here. If you are a current Sprint customer under contract you are probably not going to be able to migrate directly over to this plan. But there might be ways around it, depending on your monetary pain threshold.

* If you are done with your contract you can do like you suggested and port your number to Google Voice. Then open a new account (be sure to close the old one first) on the SERO plan. Then port your number back from Google.

* If you still have time left on your contract you could open a new SERO account, and pay for both plans until the original contract is satisfied. In the mean time you can use Google Voice to port your original number to the new phone (I think?).

It sounds to me, though, that you already have a SERO plan. If that is the case then you are golden. You can just log into MySprint and upgrade your phone. Your plan should carry over, but you may be confronted with the new $10 a month Premium Data smartphone charge (which is probably why your plan is currently cheaper).

BTW, the place to port the number over - for those interested - is located a couple of pages into the buying process. It'll be on the bottom of one of the pages, IIRC, though the website changes often so I could be wrong.

Hope this helps. I'm an IT geek, so the rules of sales are not exactly in my realm.

Reactions: patricksmangan

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
As long as we're selling iPhones they will be available on the referral plan... unfortunately we've been selling out of them as fast as we can get them from Apple. If you see them in stock I would recommend hitting the "Buy" button as fast as you can. He who hesitates is lost. :D

Kaze105

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
When trying to buy the iphone, I dont see any information regarding warranty, but does it come with it? I dont see how I can get or choose coverage, excluding apples 99 dollar warranty.

Edit: applecare + says it offers 1 year hardware coverage, and another 1 year if I purchase the applecare+. So I go to apple if I have a problem with phone? Correct me if im wrong.

Last edited:

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
When trying to buy the iphone, I dont see any information regarding warranty, but does it come with it? I dont see how I can get or choose coverage, excluding apples 99 dollar warranty.

Edit: applecare + says it offers 1 year hardware coverage, and another 1 year if I purchase the applecare+. So I go to apple if I have a problem with phone? Correct me if im wrong.

That's the story we're getting over on this side of the fence as well. We don't have an explanation as to why, it could be something the insurance provider is demanding, but there are hints that this is a temporary thing.

Trashmop

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Please help!

Hey everyone, my dad works for sprint and he handles bussinesses and stuff and I was just wondering when can sprint employees get the iPhone 4s? Like I know if you work for sprint and order one for yourself you can get fired for that and I was just wondering if you guys had an answer or anything it'll really be helpful, thank you for you time!

Trashmop

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
As long as we're selling iPhones they will be available on the referral plan... unfortunately we've been selling out of them as fast as we can get them from Apple. If you see them in stock I would recommend hitting the "Buy" button as fast as you can. He who hesitates is lost. :D
Hey, my dad works for sprint and he handles bussinesses and stuff and I was just wondering when can sprint employees get the iPhone 4s? Like I know if you work for sprint and order one for yourself you can get fired for that and I was just wondering if you guys had an answer or anything it'll really be helpful, thank you for you time!

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey, my dad works for sprint and he handles bussinesses and stuff and I was just wondering when can sprint employees get the iPhone 4s? Like I know if you work for sprint and order one for yourself you can get fired for that and I was just wondering if you guys had an answer or anything it'll really be helpful, thank you for you time!

Wish I knew. The only people who know are not talking. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Trashmop

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner