From 9to5Mac.com:

Verizon posted a Data Disclosure page today revealing the companys throttling plans for high bandwidth customers which is currently defined as:

As of August 2011, the top 5% of data users were using 2 GB or more of data each month.

We found it particularly interesting because it is likely to affect Verizon iPhone customers who purchased their 3G iPhone 4 unlimited plan at launch. The policy went into place on September 15th.

Will I be affected by Network Optimization?
    Only a small percent of customers will be affected. To be affected, you must be:

A data customer on an unlimited data plan;
    Have a 3G Verizon Wireless device (if you have a 4G LTE device you will not be impacted); and
    Among the top 5% of data users in a given month.

Then, you will only be affected:

When you are on the 3G network; and
    When you are connected to a congested cell site.

Click below for the full article and link to VZ:

Verizon begins throttling iPhone unlimited 3G customers who use 2GB/month | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    09-17-2011 05:12 PM
    This probably won't come as a surprise to anyone, especially since AT&T just started doing the same thing. Just one step closer to eliminating grandfathered unlimited data plans.
    09-17-2011 07:32 PM
    great, so Verizon wants to throttle their already terribly slow internet. good thing im not on an unlimited plan
    Last edited by dannymichel; 09-17-2011 at 10:54 PM.
    09-17-2011 10:48 PM
    As much as I want the new iPhone, if I lock myself into it for two years, then I subject myself to the throttling nonsense...and I'm getting ready to move to an area that I'm sure has a ton of congested sites...Philadelphia. I stream a lot of music and watch YouTube a lot too. So my choices are either the Samsung Nexus or wait for the iPhone 5....arrrrgghhh!!!!!!!!!!
    10-06-2011 04:59 PM
    I stream a lot of music and watch YouTube a lot too.
    Doing that mostly on Wifi keeps the chances of throttling significantly down... #justsayin'
    itistherabbit likes this.
    10-06-2011 05:11 PM
    that's bad . say you go on YouTube and listen to like five songs that are five minutes each. is like 1gb of data
    10-06-2011 09:17 PM
    that's bad . say you go on YouTube and listen to like five songs that are five minutes each. is like 1gb of data
    That's why WiFi is your friend. I know it isn't available everywhere but you use it everywhere you actually can, it really cuts down on your data use.
    10-07-2011 09:36 AM
    Right now i use wifi at work, but currently at home i don't have a router. I'm wary of public wifi cause of the security. as of today i'm at 3.1gb halfway through my bill cycle. I mostly use pandora, di radio, and youtube. i guess netflix over 3g is out... I've been wondering if the better processor helps with buffering too. Part of me wants to get the nexus prime with 4g but i think i'll spend two years regretting it. 32gb black 4s it is!
    10-07-2011 03:08 PM
    it kinda sucks that they do these things...when it is unlimited. but for those who get more then 6gb of data....idk what to say
    10-08-2011 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD