If iPhone 5 comes with LTE, can we keep unlimited data??

Lvfire

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I wonder how AT&T is planning on dealing with the 4G data plans if the new iPhone happens to be LTE compatible. Will we be able to keep our unlimited data?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, if you are on a grandfathered unlimited data plan, you will keep it. I've used a few of AT&T's 4G phones and I still kept my unlimited data plan.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yet no one is sure how LTE data plans will work on AT&T, which is different than the "4G" HSPA+ network. But I am quite sure you will still be grandfathered.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yet no one is sure how LTE data plans will work on AT&T, which is different than the "4G" HSPA+ network. But I am quite sure you will still be grandfathered.
True. The rep at the AT&T store said that he wasn't sure if they were going to change any of the data plans. However, he did say that grandfathered unlimited plans would still remain as long as we didn't switch off of it ourselves. I just hope he was right.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've asked several ATT reps that as well. My concern was that if I skip this generation or however many it takes for an LTE iPhone (which would come after I am out of contract), would I be able to keep my unlimited since technically I am signing up for a new contract? They all said yes, as long as I keep a smartphone plan with no breaks.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about the contract thing, ghostface. I was never in a contract with AT&T from day one and I'm still on the unlimited data plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative