Sprint's contract termination fee balloons to $350 ahead of iPhone 5 launch

I think this pretty much confirms it. I'd also expect unlimited data to be done
    with at least within a year. Welcome, Sprint subscribers.

Edit: Mods, I probably should have put this in the iPhone 5 section. If one of you
    could move it, please.
    08-31-2011 03:14 PM
    Sprint loyalists would have to have their heads checked if they really think unlimited data will apply to the alleged iPhone
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-31-2011 03:27 PM
    Sprint loyalists would have to have their heads checked if they really think unlimited data will apply to the alleged iPhone
    Agree, people need to realize that if the iPhone goes to Sprint, Apple and Sprint aren't gonna keep their "cheap" data plans for it... basically, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is
    08-31-2011 04:39 PM
    Sprint's contract termination fee balloons to $350 ahead of iPhone 5 launch

I think this pretty much confirms it. I'd also expect unlimited data to be done
    with at least within a year. Welcome, Sprint subscribers.

Edit: Mods, I probably should have put this in the iPhone 5 section. If one of you
    could move it, please.
    Ok moved
    08-31-2011 04:55 PM
    Of course, I don't understand why they are bothering to raise their ETF. It's not like they can take that Sprint iPhone and activate it on another carrier.
    08-31-2011 05:00 PM
    Well everyone had to see this coming. Now all the sprint lovers will be like every other carrier that moved away from unlimited data. Not to mention higher plans just for iphones were rumored. Sprint wont really have any advantage then since they wont be cheaper or have unlimited much longer probably.
    08-31-2011 05:16 PM
    Of course, I don't understand why they are bothering to raise their ETF. It's not like they can take that Sprint iPhone and activate it on another carrier.
    More so because people would buy subsidized and still pay the $200 fee and
    still be able to sell it pretty high.
    08-31-2011 05:19 PM
    It's just so they can get the subsidy back for those who cancel and sell the phone very high price when they paid 199/299
    08-31-2011 05:21 PM
    More so because people would buy subsidized and still pay the $200 fee and
    still be able to sell it pretty high.
    Hard to say what a used iPhone will sell for on Sprint branded
    08-31-2011 05:48 PM
    Hard to say what a used iPhone will sell for on Sprint branded
    I'd say a lot to someone who isn't looking to use an upgrade. Especially if it
    might save them at least $100 instead of buying it full retail with Sprint.
    08-31-2011 06:15 PM
    They are also getting rid of 1 year contracts too.
    08-31-2011 07:02 PM
    Hey! I want to play "fill in thread titles to fit a story"!

"Sprint to bump termination fee to $350 ahead of giant asteroid strike"

...that was fun. When did the iPhone 5 get verified as coming to Sprint again?
    08-31-2011 09:26 PM
    Hey! I want to play "fill in thread titles to fit a story"!

"Sprint to bump termination fee to $350 ahead of giant asteroid strike"

...that was fun. When did the iPhone 5 get verified as coming to Sprint again?
    The same time you came on here and made a response to this post
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    08-31-2011 09:39 PM
    I'm all down for all 4 carriers getting the iPhone BUT Sprint & Verizon use really slow 3G technology compared to AT&T & T-Mobile. I am hoping the iPhone 4S/5 supports HSPA+ because that would be awesome on T-Mobile. When I had Sprint earlier this year I struggled to hit 1Mbps down on my Evo 3D. I am currently on T-Mobile using an EDGE Blackberry 8900 and there wasn't much of a speed difference.
    09-02-2011 05:50 PM
    I'm confused, wouldn't putting up the termination fee make sense is they're NOT getting iPhone 5? Because they don't want customers to switch to another carrier that has it? :/
    09-04-2011 12:11 PM
    I'm confused, wouldn't putting up the termination fee make sense is they're NOT getting iPhone 5? Because they don't want customers to switch to another carrier that has it? :/
    No, because the people wanting the iPhone are at the end of a contract already. People have been hanging onto Sprint on a month to month basis just waiting to see if they'd get the iPhone. If Sprint doesn't, they'll all leave without worrying about ETF.
    09-04-2011 01:27 PM
    No, because the people wanting the iPhone are at the end of a contract already. People have been hanging onto Sprint on a month to month basis just waiting to see if they'd get the iPhone. If Sprint doesn't, they'll all leave without worrying about ETF.
    I've been out of contract for two years with Sprint, waiting for the iPhone. I'm still on a $30 SERO Plan. But I'm on a phone that can barely handle the internet anymore. Been getting by with a Virgin Mobile Android phone. I'm still paying less with 2 phones then a brand new contract
    10-14-2011 07:29 AM
    that's how much the fee is for verizon
    10-28-2011 01:13 PM
    So January and sprint data is still unlimited data and the iPhone came to the network
    HappySummer likes this.
    01-19-2012 03:01 PM
    So January and sprint data is still unlimited data and the iPhone came to the network
    Any idea if there's been any RECENT talk of Sprint cutting the Unlimited Data for the iPhone??
    02-29-2012 05:39 AM
    Any idea if there's been any RECENT talk of Sprint cutting the Unlimited Data for the iPhone??
    With all the new customers that Sprint has gained so far from the unlomited data offering and the loss they took last quarter, they won't be doing away with unlimited data plans any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    mab4285 likes this.
    02-29-2012 10:05 AM
    End of March 2012, still have unlimited data with my "alleged iPhone".

And my head was checked, all seems to be ok
    03-27-2012 08:15 PM
    Soooooo ya....
    04-15-2012 06:37 PM
    Not really. Dan Hesse said it would, even if the new iPhone came with LTE.
    06-17-2012 11:11 AM
    I think you can get the 5 to work on Verizon. When you first turn on an iPhone it asks you if this phone is for Verizon or Sprint.
    09-28-2012 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD