• No

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Who Cares!

Votes: 20 30.3%

• Total voters

koolhand79

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
can't wait for the iphone to hit sprint..... I think its great for consumers as well as apple. I'm in Los Angeles and get pretty good service most places I go to. Android was fun for the last year or two but back to the iphone I shall go. Lol

shalea#IM

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Well as a Sprint customer, and in the middle of my contract, i plan to really consider the iPhone. I don't plant to get it @ launch. I want to see how Sprint responds to the new OS (new to Sprint) as well as any complaints on the phone (operation, design, etc.).

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
that's a strong possibility that could very well happen. they may allow existing customers to keep their unlimited plans if they do decide to change it and just have new customers go with whatever new plan they come up with.

either way I am stuck with whatever they do.. I have to stay with sprint because of hubby being in a new contract with his android. Not gonna have 2 different cell phone bills.. Can't afford that.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
that's a strong possibility that could very well happen. they may allow existing customers to keep their unlimited plans if they do decide to change it and just have new customers go with whatever new plan they come up with.

either way I am stuck with whatever they do.. I have to stay with sprint because of hubby being in a new contract with his android. Not gonna have 2 different cell phone bills.. Can't afford that.

That's cool. At least you can get grandfathered into the unlimited plan. :)

HuskerTom#WN

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Been a sprint customer for years....actually have a relative who works for them and I get awesome employee discounts. My upgrade is open and instead of jumping on the latest Android handset, I am waiting ...patiently for the arrival of the iPhone on the Now network. It can't come soon enough.
Ready to junk my android/blackberry devices and move to the promised land !!!

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
The real question is: can Sprint's network handle the unlimited data with the iPhone. I read after the original Evo was released last year data speeds began to drastically decrease. What's the point of unlimited data when you struggle to hit 1Mbps???

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The real question is: can Sprint's network handle the unlimited data with the iPhone. I read after the original Evo was released last year data speeds began to drastically decrease. What's the point of unlimited data when you struggle to hit 1Mbps???

1 Mbps is not too far from their CDMA 3G speed limit anyways, so I don't think it'll drop drastically.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Well since android phones use more data than iphone's I think the sprint network will be no worse than what it already is. Maybe drop a little but not much. It's not like their network right now is super strained.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I say yes, but at the same time it means little to nothing for me. Sprint just doesn't have the coverage in my market. I think it will be of great interest for those on Sprint that want the iPhone, and hopefully Sprint will attract new customers from the other carriers with their unlimited data.

Maybe Sprint should buy T-Mo and spend 5 years or more merging it into their network like they did with Nextel. At least they could use the spectrum.

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
1 Mbps is not too far from their CDMA 3G speed limit anyways, so I don't think it'll drop drastically.

Well since android phones use more data than iphone's I think the sprint network will be no worse than what it already is. Maybe drop a little but not much. It's not like their network right now is super strained.

As a current Sprint customer, I can honestly say the data speeds now are atrocious. I WISH I was pulling down 1mbps back like I did over a year ago. Now? I'm lucky if I have a download speed of 250kbps. No joke. If Sprint plans on wooing new customers with their Unlimited Data Plans... they better do something with the network quickly. Not trying to be a negative nancy here, but it is what it is. :rolleyes:

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
if this is the case ( I honestly don't get wtf why they would pick up iP4 and then months later get the ip5) I am not going to get a iPhone this fall with Sprint. I don't want a year and a half old phone then see the several months old ip5 come out 2012. I will get the SGII (or Epic Touch 4G) this fall and wait a year or so for iPhone 6.

AppleInsider | Sprint briefs employees on Apple's iPhone 4 ahead of Oct. launch

I am so pissed off right now.. waited so long for the iPhone and then this.. hope to god this isn't true. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
It's also possible it's only an 8GB model as well. Their "smaller" phone.

if this is the case ( I honestly don't get wtf why they would pick up iP4 and then months later get the ip5) I am not going to get a iPhone this fall with Sprint. I don't want a year and a half old phone then see the several months old ip5 come out 2012. I will get the SGII (or Epic Touch 4G) this fall and wait a year or so for iPhone 6.

AppleInsider | Sprint briefs employees on Apple's iPhone 4 ahead of Oct. launch

I am so pissed off right now.. waited so long for the iPhone and then this.. hope to god this isn't true. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
As a current Sprint customer, I can honestly say the data speeds now are atrocious. I WISH I was pulling down 1mbps back like I did over a year ago. Now? I'm lucky if I have a download speed of 250kbps. No joke. If Sprint plans on wooing new customers with their Unlimited Data Plans... they better do something with the network quickly. Not trying to be a negative nancy here, but it is what it is. :rolleyes:

IMHO, adding an iPhone to a network that is already experiencing slow data is only going to make things worse, unfortunately.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Before you get too pissed off about this, why not wait to see what Apple has to say? The announcement should be coming soon and we'll know whether this is actually true or just another rumor from the mill at that time.

that's the plan. I will wait until the apple announcement. I imagine sprint will announce at the same time? And if it's a iPhone4S and not the iPhone 5 then I am going with a android. With all the problems I am having with my BB I can't wait till 2012.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen