View Poll Results: Will The iPhone 5 Come Out For Sprint?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 66.67%
  • No

2 3.03%
  • Who Cares!

20 30.30%
    The real question is: can Sprint's network handle the unlimited data with the iPhone. I read after the original Evo was released last year data speeds began to drastically decrease. What's the point of unlimited data when you struggle to hit 1Mbps???
    1 Mbps is not too far from their CDMA 3G speed limit anyways, so I don't think it'll drop drastically.
    09-11-2011 04:22 PM
    The real question is: can Sprint's network handle the unlimited data with the iPhone. I read after the original Evo was released last year data speeds began to drastically decrease. What's the point of unlimited data when you struggle to hit 1Mbps???
    Well since android phones use more data than iphone's I think the sprint network will be no worse than what it already is. Maybe drop a little but not much. It's not like their network right now is super strained.
    09-11-2011 04:35 PM
    I say yes, but at the same time it means little to nothing for me. Sprint just doesn't have the coverage in my market. I think it will be of great interest for those on Sprint that want the iPhone, and hopefully Sprint will attract new customers from the other carriers with their unlimited data.

Maybe Sprint should buy T-Mo and spend 5 years or more merging it into their network like they did with Nextel. At least they could use the spectrum.
    09-11-2011 10:02 PM
    1 Mbps is not too far from their CDMA 3G speed limit anyways, so I don't think it'll drop drastically.
    Well since android phones use more data than iphone's I think the sprint network will be no worse than what it already is. Maybe drop a little but not much. It's not like their network right now is super strained.
    As a current Sprint customer, I can honestly say the data speeds now are atrocious. I WISH I was pulling down 1mbps back like I did over a year ago. Now? I'm lucky if I have a download speed of 250kbps. No joke. If Sprint plans on wooing new customers with their Unlimited Data Plans... they better do something with the network quickly. Not trying to be a negative nancy here, but it is what it is.
    09-12-2011 12:30 PM
    if this is the case ( I honestly don't get wtf why they would pick up iP4 and then months later get the ip5) I am not going to get a iPhone this fall with Sprint. I don't want a year and a half old phone then see the several months old ip5 come out 2012. I will get the SGII (or Epic Touch 4G) this fall and wait a year or so for iPhone 6.

AppleInsider | Sprint briefs employees on Apple's iPhone 4 ahead of Oct. launch

I am so pissed off right now.. waited so long for the iPhone and then this.. hope to god this isn't true. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    09-13-2011 01:53 PM
    It's also possible it's only an 8GB model as well. Their "smaller" phone.

if this is the case ( I honestly don't get wtf why they would pick up iP4 and then months later get the ip5) I am not going to get a iPhone this fall with Sprint. I don't want a year and a half old phone then see the several months old ip5 come out 2012. I will get the SGII (or Epic Touch 4G) this fall and wait a year or so for iPhone 6.

I am so pissed off right now.. waited so long for the iPhone and then this.. hope to god this isn't true. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    09-13-2011 02:12 PM

Before you get too pissed off about this, why not wait to see what Apple has to say? The announcement should be coming soon and we'll know whether this is actually true or just another rumor from the mill at that time.
    09-13-2011 04:28 PM
    As a current Sprint customer, I can honestly say the data speeds now are atrocious. I WISH I was pulling down 1mbps back like I did over a year ago. Now? I'm lucky if I have a download speed of 250kbps. No joke. If Sprint plans on wooing new customers with their Unlimited Data Plans... they better do something with the network quickly. Not trying to be a negative nancy here, but it is what it is.
    IMHO, adding an iPhone to a network that is already experiencing slow data is only going to make things worse, unfortunately.
    09-13-2011 04:32 PM
    Before you get too pissed off about this, why not wait to see what Apple has to say? The announcement should be coming soon and we'll know whether this is actually true or just another rumor from the mill at that time.
    that's the plan. I will wait until the apple announcement. I imagine sprint will announce at the same time? And if it's a iPhone4S and not the iPhone 5 then I am going with a android. With all the problems I am having with my BB I can't wait till 2012.
    09-13-2011 08:03 PM
    It's also possible it's only an 8GB model as well. Their "smaller" phone.
    well that just makes it worse.. Doesn't make sense why all carriers wouldn't get the same device..
    09-13-2011 08:06 PM
    that's the plan. I will wait until the apple announcement. I imagine sprint will announce at the same time? And if it's a iPhone4S and not the iPhone 5 then I am going with a android. With all the problems I am having with my BB I can't wait till 2012.
    I'm not in the know here, but to me it really wouldn't make sense for Sprint not to sell the new iPhone at the same time as the other leading carriers. I think it would be okay if they sold the 8GB iPhone 4 along side the new one. As this would offer their customers a wider price range to choose from. There may be people who want an iPhone but can't afford to shell out a $199.00 for a newer model iPhone. The 8GB iPhone 4 would probably be perfect for those customers.
    09-13-2011 08:14 PM
    well that just makes it worse.. Doesn't make sense why all carriers wouldn't get the same device..
    I'm just going to say it's pure speculation on my part but it is possible that it is the "smaller" device that has been rumored.
    09-13-2011 11:01 PM
    I'm just going to say it's pure speculation on my part but it is possible that it is the "smaller" device that has been rumored.

thanks.. but
    this still depresses the hell out of me. I want the iPhone5.. And if Sprint doesn't pick it up next month like I said I am going to android.
    09-14-2011 06:58 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD