View Poll Results: Will The iPhone 5 Come Out For Sprint?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 66.67%
  • No

2 3.03%
  • Who Cares!

20 30.30%
    I don't really care myself, I'm not switching from AT&T anyway.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-29-2011 08:28 PM
    I personally could care less since i would never even consider going to Sprint for personal use...i have Sprint for a work phone, and i live in a strong market for their service...and there are several times during the day where i'll be without contact for 30-45min. and then BAM! 10-15 texts all at once...or voicemails from calls i never received. As long as I'm securely in the perimeter I'm ok, but outside of the perimeter, it's so hit or miss.
    08-29-2011 09:44 PM
    This is great news from a pricing standpoint. Sprints low prices should bleed into Verizon and AT&T in theory. Not to mention more facetimers.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=26.025177,-80.128918
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    redbeard likes this.
    08-29-2011 10:17 PM
    This is great news from a pricing standpoint. Sprints low prices should bleed into Verizon and AT&T in theory. Not to mention more facetimers.

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    It should but then again most people aren't all about jumping carriers. I think it will be good to have iphone on more carriers but I think it will be more for those already on the carrier who wanted an iphone similar to those who got the i4 with verizon rather than jumping to another carrier.
    08-29-2011 10:22 PM
    Wasn't there rumors that they would have a higher priced plan for iphones? If that is the case I can see that making some people not want to get an iphone.
    Can't say that I've heard anything about that, but I wouldn't put it past them to do so. Honestly though, if they want to remain "competitive", they should keep the current plans available for the iPhone.
    08-30-2011 05:46 PM
    I hope so. I would like to see my Sprint peeps get some iPhone love...
    08-30-2011 08:03 PM

---
    I am here: Google Maps
    You're assuming Sprint will offer those same low prices for iphone users. Sprint bumps early termination fee to $350, wants to play with the big boys - Engadget Already, Sprint is making moves to be on par with the other two.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-31-2011 11:31 AM
    You're assuming Sprint will offer those same low prices for iphone users. Sprint bumps early termination fee to $350, wants to play with the big boys - Engadget Already, Sprint is making moves to be on par with the other two.
    I agree, if Sprint gets the iPhone they aren't going to offer their cheap data plans. And even if they wanted to, Apple wouldn't let them
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-31-2011 11:35 AM
    Sprint iPhone would be a great thing for the market. Choice is good!
    08-31-2011 01:08 PM
    Sprint iPhone would be a great thing for the market. Choice is good!
    This is true. And as people have stated about carriers before, different carriers are better in different places... So in some places Sprint is the best carrier and by offering the iPhone on Sprint Apple might be able to capture another small market where Sprint is a good carrier
    08-31-2011 01:44 PM
    I hope that the rumor is true. I could not get the iPhone 2 years ago from AT&T because of their "crappy service" where I would be spending most of my time combined with their pricing. Went with Sprint which has the best service in that area and the palm pre - which was a good substitute. Now that hp has pretty much ditched webOS phones, I hope to stay with Sprint for their plans (and the healthy discount) but I will not get an Android phone.

Oh, and as far as Verizon is concerned, the associates in their local stores are arrogant pricks and I would never do business with them - not to mention Verizon's penchant for nickel and diming customers to death.
    09-01-2011 11:23 AM
    I don't expect Sprint to change their data plans any time soon, even w/the addition of the iPhone. They already added a $10 fee for all smart phones, but they won't change because they want to increase market share. If they charge the exact same as everyone else, why would anyone new come to Sprint? They need to distinguish themselves.

Sprint's coverage & service has made major strides the last few years. I travel for a living & do not have trouble w/Sprint. Like all carriers, there are known problem areas, but I am in Orlando tonight, was in Boston last night, Detroit the night before & San Antonio prior to that. No problems or interruptions to service.

Looking forward to the iPhone coming to Sprint. Competition is good. 1st post here--go easy.
    09-01-2011 08:02 PM
    im sure sprint will get the iPhone!!But i actaully don't care much
    09-01-2011 08:55 PM
    Best Buy anticipating iPhone 5 for Sprint, preorders orders starting soon...

Best Buy anticipating iPhone 5 for Sprint, preorders starting next month
    09-04-2011 01:47 PM
    Best Buy anticipating iPhone 5 for Sprint, preorders orders starting soon...

Best Buy anticipating iPhone 5 for Sprint, preorders starting next month
    Next month isn't really that soon lol.
    09-04-2011 04:02 PM
    can't wait for the iphone to hit sprint..... I think its great for consumers as well as apple. I'm in Los Angeles and get pretty good service most places I go to. Android was fun for the last year or two but back to the iphone I shall go. Lol
    09-06-2011 08:51 PM
    Well as a Sprint customer, and in the middle of my contract, i plan to really consider the iPhone. I don't plant to get it @ launch. I want to see how Sprint responds to the new OS (new to Sprint) as well as any complaints on the phone (operation, design, etc.).
    09-07-2011 11:15 AM
    well it's looking like Sprint will retain its Unlimited Data Plans if this rumor holds up. I have said that this would make them stand out among the rest as the only carrier with a unllimited plan. But will it stick... time will tell.

AppleInsider | Sprint rumored to retain unlimited data plans after iPhone 5 arrives
    09-09-2011 11:12 AM
    well it's looking like Sprint will retain its Unlimited Data Plans if this rumor holds up. I have said that this would make them stand out among the rest as the only carrier with a unllimited plan. But will it stick... time will tell.

AppleInsider | Sprint rumored to retain unlimited data plans after iPhone 5 arrives
    As I said in your other thread on this topic, I think Sprint will offer the unlimited plan initially, then remove it like Verizon did.
    09-09-2011 11:33 AM
    that's a strong possibility that could very well happen. they may allow existing customers to keep their unlimited plans if they do decide to change it and just have new customers go with whatever new plan they come up with.

either way I am stuck with whatever they do.. I have to stay with sprint because of hubby being in a new contract with his android. Not gonna have 2 different cell phone bills.. Can't afford that.
    09-09-2011 03:16 PM
    that's a strong possibility that could very well happen. they may allow existing customers to keep their unlimited plans if they do decide to change it and just have new customers go with whatever new plan they come up with.

either way I am stuck with whatever they do.. I have to stay with sprint because of hubby being in a new contract with his android. Not gonna have 2 different cell phone bills.. Can't afford that.
    That's cool. At least you can get grandfathered into the unlimited plan.
    09-09-2011 03:57 PM
    09-09-2011 09:17 PM
    Been a sprint customer for years....actually have a relative who works for them and I get awesome employee discounts. My upgrade is open and instead of jumping on the latest Android handset, I am waiting ...patiently for the arrival of the iPhone on the Now network. It can't come soon enough.
    Ready to junk my android/blackberry devices and move to the promised land !!!
    09-10-2011 11:56 AM
    excited for this but will miss my palm pre
    09-10-2011 05:00 PM
    The real question is: can Sprint's network handle the unlimited data with the iPhone. I read after the original Evo was released last year data speeds began to drastically decrease. What's the point of unlimited data when you struggle to hit 1Mbps???
    09-11-2011 03:18 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD