I saw this cartoon and it made me laugh, I thought I would share it with my US brethren who would understand it even more.

kch50428, gdasilva and Nanci like this.
    08-25-2011 02:55 PM
    i'll never understand, personally. i have yet to have any issues with reception. at&t 7 years strong

sucks for those who do
    gdasilva and grunt0300 like this.
    08-25-2011 04:00 PM
    i'll never understand, personally. i have yet to have any issues with reception. at&t 7 years strong

sucks for those who do
    Yep... February marks my 10th anniversary with AT&T (through all iterations) ... nothing to complain about here, either.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 09-03-2011 at 05:22 PM.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    08-25-2011 04:08 PM
    Ditto for me. But cute cartoon!
    08-25-2011 04:30 PM
    I've had some issues with at&t but nothing that I haven't experienced on Verizon.

Funny cartoon, though.
    08-25-2011 07:19 PM
    Yeah very funny cartoon. I work for AT&T and don't really have an issue.
    08-29-2011 07:19 AM
    I person who created that cartoon probably doesn't even have AT&T, lol. No issues with AT&T here either.
    08-29-2011 08:30 AM
    I drop a few calls here and there, but nothing too bad. I work for AT&T here in CO. I don't use a case very often on my ip4 and it's still pretty solid.
    08-29-2011 01:39 PM
    No problems for me at all!
    08-29-2011 07:47 PM
    No issues as well here in VA. I know people that talk bad about AT&T and has never even been with AT&T before lol. They hear others complain so they just jump on the bandwagon too.
    08-29-2011 08:04 PM
    Many thanks
    08-29-2011 08:18 PM
    LOL. Even though it's kind of painful.

In the SF Bay Area, AT&T is spotty at best. In some areas the AT&T signal strength is very strong. But in many areas I've seen my iPhone 4 fail over to EDGE. I use the free "AT&T Mark the Spot" app often. It sends a report to AT&T with location information and network diagnostics. (Or it saves a draft of the report if you're getting zero bars, then sends it later when you're connected...)

Here's a link to AT&T Mark the Spot: AT&T Mark the Spot for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
    Last edited by FlopTech; 08-31-2011 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added "free"
    08-31-2011 01:17 PM
    I have no issues with at&t here in Tucson, in fact I was with Verizon for many years and haven't noticed any decrease in call performance while with at&t.
    08-31-2011 01:23 PM
    I'm not in the US so I never understand the complaints I hear. I'm on Fido in Canada and have been for well over 10 years. I've never had problems even when I used to use Nokia feature phones. However a co-worker of mine got an iPhone 4 on another carrier Telus. Out offices are right beside each other and when I have 4 bars he has none to 1. He was missiing calls like crazy and at different parts of the building the signal would go up and down like a roller coaster. We put his sim in my phone and it was playing the same reception ping pong so it wasn't an issue with the phone. I was like have to tell friends never to use that carrier.
    09-02-2011 03:23 PM
    This is way too funny!!!!!!!!
    I am in New York City and it is a nightmare to use the phone on AT&T's network. I used AT&T for a week then switched back to my original provider - T-Mobile (who I thought was the worst carrier out there) and learned to appreciate them. I have an iPad 3G and the only reason I purchased it under AT&T and not Verizon is because of my frequent overseas traveling and the convenience of switching sim cards as I please. It is nearly impossible to use the AT&T Internet in certain places within Manhattan. I have a jailbroken iPad and I frequently need to use ibluever to tether my iPad to my Blackberry and I can literally feel the difference. What a shame.
    09-03-2011 04:46 PM
    I'm not in the US so I never understand the complaints I hear. I'm on Fido in Canada and have been for well over 10 years. I've never had problems even when I used to use Nokia feature phones. However a co-worker of mine got an iPhone 4 on another carrier Telus. Out offices are right beside each other and when I have 4 bars he has none to 1. He was missiing calls like crazy and at different parts of the building the signal would go up and down like a roller coaster. We put his sim in my phone and it was playing the same reception ping pong so it wasn't an issue with the phone. I was like have to tell friends never to use that carrier.
    I've been with Telus 11 years. All over the the golden horseshoe. Never had problems with reception.
    Your building must be a weak spot.
    09-03-2011 09:55 PM
    I just started with AT&T 2 days ago, and I've been with the other three major carriers. My decision to join AT&T was based on 2 factors. 1: I'm getting a 13 percent discount on service because of my employer. 2: For the last 2 years, my relatives and myself have done an annual camping trip. Both years, the ONLY phones that have had reception out in the middle of nowhere, were the AT&T phones. Even though both of the carriers I was with each year swore up and down they had coverage there...I had none. So here I am! So far, so good. No reception issues or dropped calls in the areas that I frequent while working and the weekends.
    09-11-2011 07:17 PM

sucks for those who do
    Same here... and I lived 6 years in NYC and never had issues..
    10-07-2011 09:19 PM
    It must be a regional thing, I live in Chicago and have a terrible time with AT&T its notoriously bad, you would think in this day and age all phones should have good reception in all places
    twinmomma416 likes this.
    10-09-2011 05:21 PM
    Zero signal in my house. Drop calls on my way home from work (7 miles) at least once during every call. If I didn't love the voice/data ability I'd be way more ticked off. Of course, that only matters if I can keep a call going. In my house I literally have to wander around to find a signal strong enough to send a picture via text message.

If I lived in the sticks I'd understand. I don't, however, and am very frustrated.
    10-12-2011 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD