So what do you guys think about this rumor of the iPhone coming will have LTE on AT&T? Looks pretty real to me. Thoughts?
    08-16-2011 04:23 PM
    Sounds like a possibility... but is AT&T's LTE ready for the mass-scale public? I'm down with it...
    08-16-2011 04:56 PM
    I'm a little skeptical about this as I don't think AT&T's LTE network is even going to be functional till some time next year.

---
    - Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    08-16-2011 05:46 PM
    I'm leaning towards its 100% happening guys. Reason being I was told what the next phone was going to be called. Now we were drinking and I could have misunderstood but this name pretty much can only be used with an LTE device. Otherwise it would make no sense.
    08-16-2011 06:28 PM
    I welcome the possibility with open arms.
    08-16-2011 11:56 PM
    I'm leaning towards its 100% happening guys. Reason being I was told what the next phone was going to be called. Now we were drinking and I could have misunderstood but this name pretty much can only be used with an LTE device. Otherwise it would make no sense.
    And I don't suppose you could share the name of the new device?
    08-17-2011 12:37 AM
    Would be hard to convince people to lock into another 2 year contract for a 3G device when there are lot's of 4G devices on the market already, although I don't think at&t will have LTE ready in time.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-17-2011 01:19 AM
    Would be hard to convince people to lock into another 2 year contract for a 3G device when there are lot's of 4G devices on the market already, although I don't think at&t will have LTE ready in time.
    Just yesterday they released dates of LTE devices (not phones) that will be available at the end of August so yeah... And if anyone could explain why Apple would install Verizon and AT&T LTE equipment in their stores... Looking more like a reality if you ask me.
    08-17-2011 08:53 AM
    I would but then there would be an uproar of people revolting against me.
    08-17-2011 08:56 AM
    While I do believe it could happen, I just don't see what use it would have when AT&T doesn't have a LTE network yet.

---
    08-17-2011 09:02 AM
    While I do believe it could happen, I just don't see what use it would have when AT&T doesn't have a LTE network yet.

---
    AT&T’s LTE device launch dates: Momentum 4G and Elevate 4G coming August 21st (but LTE coming later) | This is my next...
    08-17-2011 09:35 AM
    Interesting, thanks for the article, Jeremy. According to what was mentioned in the link, "buyers will be getting HSPA+ speeds where available and it shouldnt be much longer before AT&Ts first LTE markets go live but you shouldnt expect to be getting an LTE signal on day one." I hope AT&T rolls out LTE faster than they did 3G. I know a few people that just now got 3G in their area.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 08-17-2011 at 10:00 AM.
    08-17-2011 09:48 AM
    Interesting, thanks for the article, Jeremy. According to what was mentioned in the link, "buyers will be getting HSPA+ speeds where available
    Until the LTE turns on that is. Keep in mind October is a few months away.
    08-17-2011 09:51 AM
    Until the LTE turns on that is. Keep in mind October is a few months away.
    That is what I posted but Tapatalk cut off the rest of what I posted. I edited my post from the main site to include the whole quote from the link.
    08-17-2011 10:02 AM
    This would be awesome if it happens
    08-17-2011 10:06 AM
    I would but then there would be an uproar of people revolting against me.
    Understood... and didn't really expect you to do so, for that very reason.
    08-17-2011 11:17 AM
    There is no logical reason an LTE device cannot release on both carriers. My wife purchased the thunderbolt (gag) before LTE was available on our market. It came 5-6 weeks later and was blazing. I think it would be great for anyone (AT&T or Verizon) to experience a little iPhone LTE love.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-17-2011 11:40 AM
    iPhone 4L ?

People might call it the iPhone Feral.

Nah, maybe not. Haters would pounce on it as iPhone for Losers.

LTE wouldbe a nice surprise. So long as battery life doesn't suffer.
    08-17-2011 12:33 PM

---
    I think since they will be rolling out their lte network soon that since it could still use 3g when not in an lte area it makes sense for them to release it so people can experience it when lte drops in their area. Sort of like the tb was released with not a large lte network and then verizon continued to expand.
    08-17-2011 09:37 PM
    I hope that doesn't mean it's gonna be called the iPhone 4G, 3G is fast enough when you get it (AT&T), 4G doesn't interest me, I want a bigger screen, better speakers (Ones you can actually hear in a car), better camera, A5, more ram, etc..

And given how long Apple has had, and the fact they only make one phone, while other companies make several to dozens a year, anything other than a massive upgrade would be quite a letdown..

I know that's kind of off-topic, but I don't want a 3G all over again, there's competition this time.
    08-18-2011 05:05 AM
    LTE devices currently get poopie battery life, I am still skeptical.
    08-18-2011 09:58 AM
    It's really no different when 3G came out honestly. Poor battery life using 3G compared to EDGE. Apple gave you the option to disable it. Think this will be the same.
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-18-2011 11:26 AM
    I don't see any reason why we can't get both. All Apple needs is increase the battery capacity in the new iPhone so that it can maintain good overall performance using LTE technology. Apple as always been into maintaining good battery life, so I don't think this will change once they come out with a LTE capable iPhone.

---
    08-18-2011 02:28 PM
    I don't see any reason why we can't get both. All Apple needs is increase the battery capacity in the new iPhone so that it can maintain good overall performance using LTE technology. Apple as always been into maintaining good battery life, so I don't think this will change once they come out with a LTE capable iPhone.

---
    Well isnt the i5 or whatever it will be called supposed to have a bigger battery anyway? I thought I saw something somewhere maybe I am wrong.
    08-20-2011 02:10 PM
    Something people are forgetting is AT&T themselves said there would be one phone with LTE released by the end of the year (October is sure close to the end of the year) but not a single word more has been released. Now if this were an Android device say made by Samsung or HTC we would surely have heard about it. An Apple iPhone? No chance with Apple being so secretive. Just wanted to toss in another good piece to fuel the fire here.
    08-20-2011 02:21 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD