LTE iPhone coming to AT&T?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
LTE devices currently get poopie battery life, I am still skeptical.
I don't see any reason why we can't get both. All Apple needs is increase the battery capacity in the new iPhone so that it can maintain good overall performance using LTE technology. Apple as always been into maintaining good battery life, so I don't think this will change once they come out with a LTE capable iPhone.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't see any reason why we can't get both. All Apple needs is increase the battery capacity in the new iPhone so that it can maintain good overall performance using LTE technology. Apple as always been into maintaining good battery life, so I don't think this will change once they come out with a LTE capable iPhone.

---

Well isnt the i5 or whatever it will be called supposed to have a bigger battery anyway? I thought I saw something somewhere maybe I am wrong.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Something people are forgetting is AT&T themselves said there would be one phone with LTE released by the end of the year (October is sure close to the end of the year) but not a single word more has been released. Now if this were an Android device say made by Samsung or HTC we would surely have heard about it. An Apple iPhone? No chance with Apple being so secretive. Just wanted to toss in another good piece to fuel the fire here.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Something people are forgetting is AT&T themselves said there would be one phone with LTE released by the end of the year (October is sure close to the end of the year) but not a single word more has been released. Now if this were an Android device say made by Samsung or HTC we would surely have heard about it. An Apple iPhone? No chance with Apple being so secretive. Just wanted to toss in another good piece to fuel the fire here.

Don't forget about the Samsung Galaxy S2 which hasn't been released yet. There has been speculation that this one will be LTE capable, although I have my doubts about it right now. Samsung will make their big announcement about their upcoming new devices on Aug. 29th, so we will know soon enough.

---

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well isnt the i5 or whatever it will be called supposed to have a bigger battery anyway? I thought I saw something somewhere maybe I am wrong.

As with everything else, we'll see when Apple announces the new iPhone.

---

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Don't forget about the Samsung Galaxy S2 which hasn't been released yet. There has been speculation that this one will be LTE capable, although I have my doubts about it right now. Samsung will make their big announcement about their upcoming new devices on Aug. 29th, so we will know soon enough.

---

I'm guessing that will only be HSPA+ and honestly I'd be crushed if it were the other way around.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that will only be HSPA+ honestly.

You are probably right about this. I think Verizon will get the LTE version of the S2 leaving AT&T with 4G. Which means we have an even better shot at seeing LTE on the iPhone since only one phone is coming out with it soon.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
You guys are KILLING me. LTE, 3G and 4G ...... I can only dream about these. My area in the corn fields of Indiana still is on EDGE !!!!! If I drive 10 miles north I can pick up 3G. I wish AT&T would get their act together and bring us up to "real world" LOL. The tower in our little town is supposed to be upgraded to 4G in 1 month. There is talk going around town about having a big party when they throw the switch. Thank goodness I have wifi in my home.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

Throw another log onto the fire.:D I can't wait for the announcement on Sept. 7th or whenever Steve decides to tell us. The waiting is causing me to lose sleep at night. LOL

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So far LTE is looking very promising on the new iPhone.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Really can only hope so. If not I will be very disappointed.

***I have reason to believe that LTE will not be in this upcoming iPhone. Hope I'm wrong as it's a total bummer.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73