LTE iPhone coming to AT&T?

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
So what do you guys think about this rumor of the iPhone coming will have LTE on AT&T? Looks pretty real to me. Thoughts?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm a little skeptical about this as I don't think AT&T's LTE network is even going to be functional till some time next year.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm leaning towards its 100% happening guys. Reason being I was told what the next phone was going to be called. Now we were drinking and I could have misunderstood but this name pretty much can only be used with an LTE device. Otherwise it would make no sense.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaning towards its 100% happening guys. Reason being I was told what the next phone was going to be called. Now we were drinking and I could have misunderstood but this name pretty much can only be used with an LTE device. Otherwise it would make no sense.

And I don't suppose you could share the name of the new device?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Would be hard to convince people to lock into another 2 year contract for a 3G device when there are lot's of 4G devices on the market already, although I don't think at&t will have LTE ready in time.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Would be hard to convince people to lock into another 2 year contract for a 3G device when there are lot's of 4G devices on the market already, although I don't think at&t will have LTE ready in time.

Just yesterday they released dates of LTE devices (not phones) that will be available at the end of August so yeah... ;) And if anyone could explain why Apple would install Verizon and AT&T LTE equipment in their stores... Looking more like a reality if you ask me.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

While I do believe it could happen, I just don't see what use it would have when AT&T doesn't have a LTE network yet.

---

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting, thanks for the article, Jeremy. According to what was mentioned in the link, "buyers will be getting HSPA+ speeds where available ? and it shouldn?t be much longer before AT&T?s first LTE markets go live ? but you shouldn?t expect to be getting an LTE signal on day one." I hope AT&T rolls out LTE faster than they did 3G. I know a few people that just now got 3G in their area.

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
There is no logical reason an LTE device cannot release on both carriers. My wife purchased the thunderbolt (gag) before LTE was available on our market. It came 5-6 weeks later and was blazing. I think it would be great for anyone (AT&T or Verizon) to experience a little iPhone LTE love.

Reactions: Premium1

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
While I do believe it could happen, I just don't see what use it would have when AT&T doesn't have a LTE network yet.

---

I think since they will be rolling out their lte network soon that since it could still use 3g when not in an lte area it makes sense for them to release it so people can experience it when lte drops in their area. Sort of like the tb was released with not a large lte network and then verizon continued to expand.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site

I hope that doesn't mean it's gonna be called the iPhone 4G, 3G is fast enough when you get it (AT&T:mad:), 4G doesn't interest me, I want a bigger screen, better speakers (Ones you can actually hear in a car), better camera, A5, more ram, etc..

And given how long Apple has had, and the fact they only make one phone, while other companies make several to dozens a year, anything other than a massive upgrade would be quite a letdown..

I know that's kind of off-topic, but I don't want a 3G all over again, there's competition this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR