LTE iPhone coming to AT&T?

Munky#AC

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully the new iPhone does have LTE so when I'm eligible for an upgrade sometime next year and they have the next one out, hopefully they'll have the bugs (if there are any) worked out of it.

chubz#IM

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
I work for Lucent, we make and install the LTE/CDMA/UMTS/GSM equipment that Verizon and ATT use. As of right now we have been doing a ton of LTE builds in the NYC/North Jersey area. ATTs first wave of LTE rollouts will be flipped on around the end of August/Early September.

gmz73

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I am new here so please don't be too harsh. I'm also using tapatalk and I'm still learning to navigate that as well. Anyways I switched to ATT august 30 last year when my employer switched.

Will I be able to upgrade to the new iPhone at a $200 discount off of retail? I know that you cannot get the 199/299 unless your two year contract is up. Also would I be better off doing that in store or calling customer service?

I am fairly pleased with ATT overall, I actually have a stronger signal at my home than I did with vzw. And the employees at my local store are actually pretty pleasant. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can offer.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Will I be able to upgrade to the new iPhone at a $200 discount off of retail? I know that you cannot get the 199/299 unless your two year contract is up. Also would I be better off doing that in store or calling customer service?

While AT&T hasn't announced one way or the other whether they will allow early upgrades on the iPhone or not, they should if they continue with what they have done in the past. By the time the new iPhone comes out you would have been with AT&T for a little over a year. I believe you will either qualify for a partial or a full discount as long as you agree to a new two year agreement with them. You can try calling AT&T to find out for sure, but I don't think they'll be able to tell you for sure yet. I would just wait until the next iPhone is announced and AT&T makes their announcement on what peoples upgrade status is going to be.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No LTE in 2011. Case closed.

talk-to-the-hand-walking-dead-hand-demotivational-poster-1290269226.jpg

:p

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
They must never have had an iPhone, I must have been on some mind-altering substance when I had an Android phone.

LOL, Android users are no different than iPhone users in this respect, as this is exactly what they are saying about iPhone users who have never owned a Droid.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2