Verizon hops on anti-tethering bandwagon

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be a trend. If you have Verizon and want to know what they will do 3-4 months down the line... look at what AT&T is doing now.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I knew it wouldn't take them long. From the article that was posted it looks like Verizon is also going after Android users who are tethering without a plan.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone really surprised? they got rid of their unlimited plans it was only a matter of time before they started trying to stop this...

hey_WILL

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Seems to be a trend. If you have Verizon and want to know what they will do 3-4 months down the line... look at what AT&T is doing now.

You don't have to say it like that...

ATT's officials were caught saying that verizon's 4G LTE network was 3-4 years ahead of theirs. That's quite a jump.

realdealio

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to say it like that...

ATT's officials were caught saying that verizon's 4G LTE network was 3-4 years ahead of theirs. That's quite a jump.

3-4 years??? As a verizon customer i hope so, but wow. I don't think this is that surprising, whether it's because of congestion or money. (or 2 birds-1 stone)

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Tether on the BB still seems to work fine. :) And of course I can always "bridge" my BB to my PlayBook! :)

Last edited:

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Sucks to have to pay the extra money to tether the data you technically already pay for. For me I pay so it just works without issue, I guess the major wireless providers need every extra cent to build up their networks ;-)

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I guess the major wireless providers need every extra cent to build up their networks ;-)

Absolutely! Without it, none of the networks would have the funds that are needed to expand their coverage areas, so it only stands to reason.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal