Will I lose my unlimited data for tethering with my Nexus One?

drache713

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
So since AT&T announced today that they will be kicking people off their unlimited data plans for unauthorized tethering I have a question. I have unlimited data, I primarily use my iPhone 4 but I also sometimes like to use my Nexus One. All the articles talk about "mywi" users with jailbroken iphones, since it is unauthorized. But since tethering is built in to the Nexus One and is independent of the carrier, if I tether with it will AT&T force me to a tethering data plan? How can they tell if you are tethering or not? I don't want to lose unlimited data but I'd like to keep tethering with my Nexus One, I just wasn't sure if it was an issue since all the online articles talk about iPhone users.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Keep tethering, and let us know how it goes for you.... :)

IF they can ID tethering on iPhones, they can probably ID it on anything... and they'll do you like they're doing iPhone tethering without the benefit of a plan to cover it.

Marshalus#IM

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
I believe I read that people who will be downgraded or changed automatically have already been notified by AT&T that they're in violation of policy. If you haven't been, you're probably fine. If you have, then you know already.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I think they will start by looking at the people that use lots of data. Casual violators may get away with it for a bit.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2