How Verizon Will Compete with AT&T's iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
if that's the case, they are guaranteeing their defeat, especially when the acquisition goes through. the only way they can catch up is if they step it up with the iphone.

Don't see either company going under because of any one Phone .. I mean Verizon just got the iPhone in feb and they still were competing way before that

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Op. Not to add insult to injury, but I just noticed another one of you're threads and was wondering why you even bothered to revisit the already hammered "who's carrier is better argument" with this thread when you are not on Verizon or AT&T? Not adding up for me anyway.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Op. Not to add insult to injury, but I just noticed another one of you're threads and was wondering why you even bothered to revisit the already hammered "who's carrier is better argument" with this thread when you are not on Verizon or AT&T? Not adding up for me anyway.
im on verizon. why would you check my other threads. i can prove that im on verizon if you'd like

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
and there is no injury inflicted here. i understand saying that if the responses weren't fan-boy and trolesque responses and were all just purely valid points to argue against what i was saying. and my intended discussion was not 'which carrier is better'. that was some other loser's 'argument'

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
No. No need. You have however been posting in the AT&T forums in a thread that has been closed. You said and I quote from this http://forums.tipb.com/showthread.php?t=216638thread:

".... I've recently signed up with T-mobile and was wondering if that means AT&T will cut my phone off and demand their money when the acquisition goes through"

Just not understanding how you love AT&T and how much better it is on the iPhone 4, but you just signed with t-mobile and have proof that you are on verizon? I'm just trying to understand it all. Thats it. No Ill intended.

Also, I'm not checking your other threads. I happens upon it while reading through

Last edited:

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
No. No need. You have however been posting in the AT&T forums in a thread that has been closed. You said and I quote from the thread:

".... I've recently signed up with T-mobile and was wondering if that means AT&T will cut my phone off and demand their money when the acquisition goes through"

Just not understanding how you love AT&T and how much better it is on the iPhone 4, but you just signed with t-mobile and have proof that you are on verizon? I'm just trying to understand it all. Thats it. No Ill intended.

Also, I'm not checking your other threads. I happens upon it while reading through posts.
the fact that i 'just signed up with t-mobile' does not mean that i dont also have verizon. and the fact that i am stating the FACT that at&t's iphones are better than verizon's does not mean that i love at&t. i'm stating a fact. you wanna see my t-mobile account as well?

Last edited:

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
the fact that i 'just signed up with t-mobile' does not mean that i dont also have verizon. and the fact that i am stating the FACT that at&t's iphones are better than verizon's does not mean that i love at&t. i'm stating a fact. were you seriously THAT interested that you went and LOOKED for my other threads?

Again. Read carefully. I came across your other post. I really don't care that you are convinced that it is a "FACT" that the AT&T iPhone is better. The so called fact that you are referring to is and will always be inseparably tied to the individuals user experience. For me and many others on and off this forum the "FACT" is that we have had a better overall experience on Verizon.

That being said, you claim that your argument is not "AT&T vs Verizon", yet the only price of evidence you present to support your argument that the iPhone is better on AT&T is simultaneous data and talk, witch for many is a non-issue. To make a compelling argument that people on both sides will be able to constructively debate you will need to do better than that.

So you don't think I am stocking your posts this is where I leave this post yet again. An just as last time I leave it where it started. A dead issue that cannot be truly effectively argued as the argument is based on users individual experience and preference. I would highly recommend getting the next iPhone on AT&T when it arrives though as it will undoubtably be far superior.

Good day.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
if this matter is a matter of opinion, why are so many vehemently arguing about the one statement that i made?

talk and surf was not my only piece of evidence. i also pointed out the merging calls thing.

i didn't mention you 'stocking my posts' again.

i could have sworn i said an iphone on at&t is not an option earlier in this thread. did i not predict that someone would say that? i didnt start this thread to fend off fan-boys

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
if this matter is a matter of opinion, why are so many vehemently arguing about the one statement that i made?

talk and surf was not my only piece of evidence. i also pointed out the merging calls thing.

i didn't mention you 'stocking my posts' again.

i could have sworn i said an iphone on at&t is not an option earlier in this thread. did i not predict that someone would say that? i didnt start this thread to fend off fan-boys

I could be wrong but both pieces of evidence that you say make att "iPhone" better are carrier advantages rather than iPhone advantages you could have almost Any phone on att and have those features

I do agree with you thou yes att does have those advantages over Verizon for now thats why there in every att commercial. No diff than Verizon comparing there coverage to att.
Does it make it a better iPhone ?
It depends on the user if you really need those features then yes for that person that makes there iPhone complete.

You can call me a fanboy a loser whatever but I have had att , tmobile and sprint and none compared to coverage I have had and where I've gone and have now with Verizon simply Verizon just hasn't failed me
I'm sure other have had diff results and that's fine I have friends who swear by sprint att and tmobile.

Reactions: DannyMichel

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I could be wrong but both pieces of evidence that you say make att "iPhone" better are carrier advantages rather than iPhone advantages you could have almost Any phone on att and have those features

I do agree with you thou yes att does have those advantages over Verizon for now thats why there in every att commercial. No diff than Verizon comparing there coverage to att.
Does it make it a better iPhone ?
It depends on the user if you really need those features then yes for that person that makes there iPhone complete.

You can call me a fanboy a loser whatever but I have had att , tmobile and sprint and none compared to coverage I have had and where I've gone and have now with Verizon simply Verizon just hasn't failed me
I'm sure other have had diff results and that's fine I have friends who swear by sprint att and tmobile.
that actually made a lot of sense.
here's my thing though.
we're iphone users. isn't talk/voice like secondary to us? aren't features like the two that i keep bringing up kinda the reason we have iphones? might just be me. and again, in a place like New York, EVERY carrier has impecable service, so again, it comes down to the phone and the carrier's capabilities to support that phone for me/us. i guess im saying that GSM iphones win in NY.

what i wanted to know when starting this thread was whether or not verizon would step it up and match up with at&t's capabilities. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any plans verizon had to become equals in that respect

PsYcHoNeWb

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I have had Verizon since the first cell phone from them was offered and I have had pretty much EVERY smartphone in their line up between Blackberry, Android, and now the iPhone. I did have the Thunderbolt which let you use data and talk at the same time and that was the phone that I had before the iPhone. Personally, talk and data at the same time doesn't bother me at all if I have it or not.

Yes, GSM networks are better in certain respects but the coverage base of Verizon in the US is unbeatable. My friend has a BB on AT&T and he always and I mean ALWAYS complains of dropped calls and crappy service.

Apple isn't stupid they wouldn't change the iPhone internals just to have a difference between the two carriers, AT&T and Verizon have too many customers for Apple to do something stupid like that. Its the same phone, what it comes down to is your service, you have crappy coverage by one, go for the other simple as that.

Verizon has been good to me, yes I have had my issues with them at points but who hasn't had issues with any of the phone companies? Phones are disposable I am prime example of that since I usually switch mine 2-3 times a year its the service that you keep and that binds your choices.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
i guess im saying that GSM iphones win in NY.

You've got to be kidding, right? There is almost no GSM coverage whatsoever in upstate NY. And while it's gotten better recently, GSM users have complained bitterly for years about their coverage in NYC.

Here's a fact: CDMA provides better penetration. Big buildings? Subways? CDMA is your best friend.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
we're iphone users. isn't talk/voice like secondary to us?
No, you're an AT&T User. And you fall for their marketing. That's all. Meanwhile, those of us in the real world who are Verizon customers and must have "talk & surf" do it in ways that don't revolve around our cell phones. Or we work around it with Wifi.

And if GSM was really a "superior" technology as you claim, then this security vulnerability would not be possible. Note what the article says... " it tricks AT&T and T-Mobile handsets..." - Hmmm.... those are GSM operators aren't they? Does not say anything about CDMA providers like Verizon...

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
that actually made a lot of sense.
here's my thing though.
we're iphone users. isn't talk/voice like secondary to us? aren't features like the two that i keep bringing up kinda the reason we have iphones? might just be me. and again, in a place like New York, EVERY carrier has impecable service, so again, it comes down to the phone and the carrier's capabilities to support that phone for me/us. i guess im saying that GSM iphones win in NY.

what i wanted to know when starting this thread was whether or not verizon would step it up and match up with at&t's capabilities. I wanted to know if anyone knew of any plans verizon had to become equals in that respect

Not me atleast I have it because of the apps :p you can do anything with this dang thing lol you want me to unlock your car or check your security cameras ? Maybe adjust the temp in your hot tub ? There's a app for that lol I hardly need to talk and use date at same time but I could see this as a plus for a hard core business user

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
that's up-state. completely different animal

im a verizon user

You weren't specific. You said NY, not NYC or "the NY metro area." NY is a whole state, and the majority of that state has zero GSM penetration.

I notice you didn't address the rest of my comments at all. Have you realized your opening thesis was just a tad off base?

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I notice you didn't address the rest of my comments at all. Have you realized your opening thesis was just a tad off base?

Thank you! How many ways does this need to be said in this thread? Op is on verizon, but has a line on t-mobile and is an AT&T fanboy.

This just doesn't add up. Not one bit. But at least the AT&T iPhone can do simultaneous data/voice. Right?

So I guess the commercials should instead say "if you don't have an AT&T iPhone ......well....... You don't have an AT&T iPhone". Not sure why you are on verizon if the AT&T iPhone is so much more amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73