I dropped AT&T last month. Ported my number to Google Voice and downloaded a few apps to make VOIP calls using my GV number over wifi. Everything works perfect, nobody knows that I don't pay for a "cell phone" anymore. Free text and unlimited minutes for $2 a month for the use of an app. I just bought a Verizon 4G mifi. Wondering if I can pop that sim into my iPhone, provision it and start using the data on the phone. Anyone have any experience with this or know if it can be done? While the Mifi device is 4G, the data is either 3G or 4G depending on what the device can handle and the coverage, so using it in the iPhone would leave me with 3G service for now. Perhaps IP5 will let me use 4G....
    07-30-2011 12:22 AM
    Someone was telling me just 2 days ago that doing this will cause your account to be dropped with fees owed. I would advise against it.
    07-30-2011 01:16 AM
    I dropped AT&T last month. Ported my number to Google Voice and downloaded a few apps to make VOIP calls using my GV number over wifi. Everything works perfect, nobody knows that I don't pay for a "cell phone" anymore. Free text and unlimited minutes for $2 a month for the use of an app. I just bought a Verizon 4G mifi. Wondering if I can pop that sim into my iPhone, provision it and start using the data on the phone. Anyone have any experience with this or know if it can be done? While the Mifi device is 4G, the data is either 3G or 4G depending on what the device can handle and the coverage, so using it in the iPhone would leave me with 3G service for now. Perhaps IP5 will let me use 4G....
    I would try it with a prepaid
    Mifi that way if it don't work your ok and if it does still no contract lol

Or just carry mifi with u and connect to it for data
    Dermot_McCann likes this.
    07-30-2011 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD