Traveling to Europe - Help!

F450Mikey

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I have a Verizon Android and AT&T iPad. I can get a Verizon world phone to use for the trip. Would it be best to pick up a prepaid phone in England and forward my Verizon number to it? What about text messages? Can I text from a Euro number to America? What other things do I need to know?

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest having the phone unlocked if you're wanting to use the Android phone in Europe, just to save from the international costs with Verizon.

I'm not sure you would be able to forward the verizon number to a prepaid phone, but I have no idea when it comes to that. You should be able to sms, you would just have to enter the country code for the states.

What I was originally going to do was take my storm and grab a sim card from one of the european carriers for it, but I was mostly going to use it to contact anyone that I would be contacting in Europe, not necessarily to contact friends and family back here.

Hah... on second thoughts, this post doesn't seem to be all that helpful....

petaf

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
BlackBerries are your best bet when traveling to the UK, whether you use a local sim or buy an international voice/data plan from your carrier. I should imagine Verizon is fine for this. I am on AT&T and activate my Bold 9700 when I travel internationally.