If you bought it outright you can go to any store and have it setup on postpaid service with no contract. Along with postpaid service you get access to AT&T's roaming agreements across the country as well as a much larger data network.

You're making your own life harder...
    08-05-2011 09:03 PM
    I could understand going through the headaches for another reason that nobody mentioned..

What about those people that want to use AT&T and cant afford the $500-1500 deposits they sometimes require?
    09-04-2011 10:10 PM
    I could understand going through the headaches for another reason that nobody mentioned..

What about those people that want to use AT&T and cant afford the $500-1500 deposits they sometimes require?
    Highest standard deposit is $750, lowest is $150. Anything higher and you owe AT&T money directly.
    09-24-2011 06:24 PM
    For those who are living in UK, iphone pay as you go is a better plan to have than to have a contracted iphone. With iphone pay as you go, you can get rid out of those hefty monthly bills, which frustrates you at the end of every month. And you can credit your calling from any general store by buying a top up voucher. So, it won't cost you any extra bugs for the thing which you won't do from your iphone.
    02-09-2012 07:04 AM
    I set up a PAYG account for my daughter with my old 3GS. She mostly texts with an occasional call here and there.This plan has been great as I only pay about $25/week for her. She uses WiFi for data so there was no need for a prepaid data plan. If a person does use a lot of data I don't think prepaid is the way to go since AT&T's rates are expensive as far as data goes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    OdinStormer likes this.
    02-09-2012 07:27 AM
    For those who are living in UK, iphone pay as you go is a better plan to have than to have a contracted iphone. With iphone pay as you go, you can get rid out of those hefty monthly bills, which frustrates you at the end of every month. And you can credit your calling from any general store by buying a top up voucher. So, it won't cost you any extra bugs for the thing which you won't do from your iphone.
    Yes but you have got to think most people get iPhones on contract to greatly reduce paying a hefty sum of money upfront for the phone I agree that it's cheaper and easier on pay as you go but if you think you pay £500 for an iPhone from apple on pay as you go or free on contract for £36 a month then people who don't have that much at that moment will think about contract.

Sent from my ? iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ?
    02-09-2012 08:28 AM
    I set up a PAYG account for my daughter with my old 3GS. She mostly texts with an occasional call here and there.This plan has been great as I only pay about $25/week for her. She uses WiFi for data so there was no need for a prepaid data plan. If a person does use a lot of data I don't think prepaid is the way to go since AT&T's rates are expensive as far as data goes.

$25/week is about $100/month, which is less than I pay on my regular plan. Are you sure this is cost effective?
    02-09-2012 10:43 AM
    I think he meant $25/mo

I did the exact same thing. I gave my daughter my old 3GS. She had been using it for an itouch and also had a track phone. I walked into the ATT store in my mall with her iphone. I asked the guy if I could use her iphone on the ATT pay as you go plan. He said yes. He gave me a sim card for free. He asked how she wanted to use the phone. Since my daughter only sends text and never talks, I signed her up for the 500 text /mo for $10. I put $50 on her account and turned off the 3G data in settings. I told her that she can only have the data when on wifi.

It has been 3 months, she has not had any issues. ATT knows that she has an iphone on the pay as you go. It has been about $15/mo. (she doesnt talk much on the phone). Calls are .10/min
    02-28-2012 08:44 PM
    $25/week is about $100/month, which is less than I pay on my regular plan. Are you sure this is cost effective?
    That was a definite typo, Alli. I pay $25/month. I wouldn't spend $100/month for prepaid.

02-28-2012 09:31 PM
    question: because i bought a phone from my friend and it is locked to at&t and accidentally i update that to ios 5.01-4.12.01 which is there are solution to unlocked it so i decided that i will need to get an at&t sim and prepaid one which is paygo plans but i havent got it yet . but im browsing some forums that if get a paygo sim from at&t and subscribe to $50 per month with unlimited text calls and data. but for iphone 4 the data plans does not work. so can u please help me thanks
    04-01-2012 09:35 PM
    question: because i bought iphone from my friend and it is locked to at&t and accidentally i update that to ios 5.01-4.12.01 which is there are solution to unlocked it so i decided that i will need to get an at&t sim and prepaid one which is paygo plans but i havent got it yet . but im browsing some forums that if get a paygo sim from at&t and subscribe to $50 per month with unlimited text calls and data. but for iphone 4 the data plans does not work. so can u please help me thanks
    04-01-2012 09:39 PM
    question: because i bought iphone from my friend and it is locked to at&t and accidentally i update that to ios 5.01-4.12.01 which is there are solution to unlocked it so i decided that i will need to get an at&t sim and prepaid one which is paygo plans but i havent got it yet . but im browsing some forums that if get a paygo sim from at&t and subscribe to $50 per month with unlimited text calls and data. but for iphone 4 the data plans does not work. so can u please help me thanks
    I said this in the other thread, but I'll post it again. You will need to enable the correct prepaid data settings if you plan on using an iPhone with a AT&T prepaid sim card.

04-10-2012 06:45 PM
    Sounds miserable. I think Straight talk would be a better option
    04-10-2012 11:42 PM
    Sounds miserable. I think Straight talk would be a better option
    What's "miserable" about it? The iPhone works perfect my my daughters prepaid sim.

04-11-2012 07:42 AM
    I've tried every AT&T profile from Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone on my iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3.3. I'm using a Pay As You Go contract through AT&T. Has anyone experienced this same problem? I would really enjoy data on my phone if possible
    05-04-2012 05:39 PM
    I've tried every AT&T profile from Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone on my iPhone 4 with IOS 4.3.3. I'm using a Pay As You Go contract through AT&T. Has anyone experienced this same problem? I would really enjoy data on my phone if possible
    AT&T(PayG) profile auto re-dirrected me to att.mcore.com/px/1Q10fm8ul11ueh13rab6/i.aspx stating i do not have data funds on my account but I do.
    05-04-2012 05:44 PM
    AT&T(PayG) profile auto re-dirrected me to att.mcore.com/px/1Q10fm8ul11ueh13rab6/i.aspx stating i do not have data funds on my account but I do.
    well I just figured it out , so if anyone else is having this problem, you need to buy extra data from att and use ATT(PayG) APN profile and then it will work
    05-04-2012 05:56 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD