Found this article, I know everyone is expecting it but this seems to confirm it

Verizon: Say So Long to Unlimited Data | PCWorld
    05-19-2011 09:30 PM
    As long as you are already a customer they'll honor your existing plan and grandfather you in at renewal. AT&T did the same thing.
    05-19-2011 10:00 PM
    yea i know. i have att grandfathered in with unlimited. just seen a few people that would post asking about waiting to get the iphone for the new one but wanting to get unlimited so thought i would post this
    05-19-2011 10:35 PM
    I bet they'll kill the unlimited plans with release of the new iPhone, whenever that happens. They always said they'd do this, at the Verizon iPhone 4 launch, so no real news here.
    05-22-2011 02:32 AM
    Yea just thought I would share the article. They will probably kill the unlimited data before the iPhone launch, since the iPhone launch probably won't be until September and their talking about killing unlimited data this summer
    05-22-2011 09:47 AM
    Just got a response from VZW regarding the unlimited data:

"Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless via our Website, my name is Tonya. I know how important it is to know if the unlimited data will still be available and I will be more than happy to assist you with providing you with information.
    We have not announced that we are discontinuing our unlimited data plans at this time. If you currently have, unlimited data then this will be the plan that you continue with until the change is made that we are not offering unlimited data. So you are currently on an unlimited data plan and no changes are made to your account, when we discontinue the unlimited data plan all customers will be notified.
    I took the liberty of further reviewing your account services. I was able to determine, that based on your current usage, you are on the best plan and features for your wireless communication needs."

It looks as if they are doing away with unlimited data for ALL CUSTOMERS
    05-22-2011 11:55 AM
    Sucks for Verizon people

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using Tapatalk
    05-22-2011 12:54 PM
    They're not going to do anything with existing contracts. Doing so would allow people out of contract without ETF. They'd never risk that. Just like every other provider they'll grandfather it in. I guarantee it.
    05-22-2011 01:15 PM
    They're not going to do anything with existing contracts. Doing so would allow people out of contract without ETF. They'd never risk that. Just like every other provider they'll grandfather it in. I guarantee it.
    Ya, but what's to stop them from doing it when you re-sign your contract and they say "sorry, no more unlimited data for you!"

I stream about 5+ hours of pandora, 5 days a week via 3G, and it would suck if they did away with unlimited data for me.
    05-22-2011 04:37 PM
    Yea just thought I would share the article. They will probably kill the unlimited data before the iPhone launch, since the iPhone launch probably won't be until September and their talking about killing unlimited data this summer
    Yeah, you're right, that's probably true.
    05-22-2011 08:06 PM
    If verizon didn't allow for grandfathering that would be hilarious!

To me anyways

<3 AT&T
    05-22-2011 08:16 PM
    Still no word about the grandfathering issue...but the new tiered pricing came out and it seems pricey:
    2G 20$
    5G 50$
    10G 80$
    06-22-2011 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD