Verizon 4G LTE blows away Sprints WiMAX in 1,000 speed tests | BGR

Sprint is no longer the 4G king, BTIG Research analyst Walter Piecyk proclaimed on Friday following a massive speed test that pitted Sprints HTC EVO 4G against Verizon Wireless HTC ThunderBolt. Piecyk and his team conducted more than 1,000 speed tests in New York City to determine which was faster: the ThunderBolt, running on Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network, or the EVO 4G, running on Sprints 4G WiMAX network.
    4G will be cool to get where I live... most likely sometime in 2012
    04-01-2011 07:10 PM
    I agree LTE is by far the better choice. But it also kind of seems that those tests must have been in terrible locations or something. An average speed of 1.17 down? That's 3G speeds & in some cases less than 3G speeds, horrible.

Can't wait for LTE, It will be in the city just down the road from me by the end of this year, probably take a little longer to reach me though.
    04-01-2011 07:21 PM
    I agree LTE is by far the better choice. But it also kind of seems that those tests must have been in terrible locations or something. An average speed of 1.17 down? That's 3G speeds & in some cases less than 3G speeds, horrible.

Can't wait for LTE, It will be in the city just down the road from me by the end of this year, probably take a little longer to reach me though.
    Coverage area could play a possibility. However, also remember you get what you pay for, too. Sprint has some of the most competitive priced plans out.
    04-01-2011 07:44 PM
    LTE should be better then WiMAX...
    05-06-2011 09:05 AM
    I also can't wait for LTE in my area but apple probably won't have an LTE device out any time soon..
    08-18-2011 03:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD