Sense of vindication - ATT iPhone

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
What a glorious time it is to witness a massive defection from the worst partnership ever formed. I remember it wasn't quite two years ago that I came here to express my frustration with the marriage of iphone and ATT in a nightmare of terrible service and dropped calls. And after 4 iphone replacements being told on these boards that the problem of coverage, dropped calls was solely on me and that no one else was experiencing this. That millions of other people were not having the problems that I was with coverage and dropped calls. Well I guess the nation has spoken, in the media and day one of mass defection. Love my ipad btw. Hail to Verizon.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What a glorious time it is to witness a massive defection from the worst partnership ever formed. I remember it wasn't quite two years ago that I came here to express my frustration with the marriage of iphone and ATT in a nightmare of terrible service and dropped calls. And after 4 iphone replacements being told on these boards that the problem of coverage, dropped calls was solely on me and that no one else was experiencing this. That millions of other people were not having the problems that I was with coverage and dropped calls. Well I guess the nation has spoken, in the media and day one of mass defection. Love my ipad btw. Hail to Verizon.

^^ great post . . made me laugh :D

rsd36

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Love the post. Now we'll just have to wait and see what happenes on the V Network. Been with them for a few decades and been very satisiied with problem resolutions, but if the service degrades then we can post bad things about them too!

Nchaka

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Lets see We have dropped calls on At&t but good data, does that mean good calls on verizon and poor data? I think it would funny if the problem was with Apple not either carrier.

rsd36

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
No..no...noooooo! That wouldn't be funny at all! I haven't even got my iphone yet! (One of those "Monday" arrivals.)

Wetstuff

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It's funny how there is a different reality for different people. I am in the middle of Rural Verizon Country. They have been the exclusive local service provider forever. They could give a flat s___t about their customers or service. Not only can I not get DSL at my home, my wire-voice line has a hum that they are unwilling/able to remove - even tho' they can hear it on their end.

I now have internet access at home with my iPad via ATT. It works just fine even tho' I had to put an antenna on my roof to bring it indoors. I also have a pre-paid Verizon cel but it is not useable where I live - antenna or not.

Comcast is coming on Tues. for both voice/internet because Verizon's DSL runs at 2MB or less ("2MB is good." say Verizon) and the last-straw was finding that Verizon was adding $14.95 to my business' bill for something-like 'DietClubsofAmerica'.. This was buried on pg. 9 of my bill.

After you spend 5min making contact, the person you speak to hands you off to their supervisor: the Dial Tone. This means I cannot ask them to research my bills to find these Nigerian Diet Club charges; I have to do it myself .. and then listen to the threat; "This will effect your credit rating.", if I simply subtract it from the bill.

I'm buying an i4 from a college kid next week - going ATT non-contract 'till i5 is released - and pulling the wire out of my house. In the 10mos I have had ATT iPad .. and the contact I have had with the ATT Biz rep, I have had none of the same issues.

Jim

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My experience with Verizon service has been hit or miss. Call quality has sucked on my Android phones.

I just got an AT&T iPhone 4. Honestly, service is almost identical where I live, and voice quality is great. Haven't had a dropped call yet.

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and i I have gotten only one or two dropped calls, I have service just about everwhere (decent signal stength & 3g) I don't know if it's just my area but I don't experience the problems with AT&T's network like everyone else seems to.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I can't speak for everyone... but I've been with AT&T in its many iterations/incarnations since 2001 (AT&T Wireless, Cingular, AT&T Mobility)... and would estimate that I have dropped less than 25 calls in 10 years (TWO were last November in the SF bay area)... It works great for me where I live/work/go...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i've had at&t for about 4 years; voice and data excellent..

had Sprint before that and it sucked on all levels to the point of getting out of 5 ETF's without paying one dime

thank god for coverage holes. yay for me!

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I really think it's just a matter of where you live. Coverage is an issue unique to each provider. I have AT&T since it was Cingular in 2002 and I have been happy enough. I changed from Verizon back then and my daughter had Sprint. It just depended on where we were. On vacation, we would check signal and our phones would be different depending on where we were.

cjdaniel

Nov 19, 2003
Visit site
Browsing the internet while you call becomes, kinda unimportant, while you can't even complete a conversation. While, with Cingular, I had awesome service, I never quite understood while I had great coverage, and as soon as ATT decided to sell off towers to T-mobile my service went to crap. I like the iphone, but a phone is not a phone without coverage.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
dropped calls????

I live in the corn fields of Indiana and have never experienced a dropped call with AT&T. I have never had a problem with the service.

Wetstuff

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
When the first posting is a rant - there should be a B.S. flag flying. If I ran Verizon, as I think they do, I'd have my customer service people, posting everywhere .. while their existing customers are on hold.

Jim - real customer: Salisbury MD

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I get a dropped call on At&t maybe once every few months so no need to for me to go to Big Red for slow 3G data speeds

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
It's funny how there is a different reality for different people. I am in the middle of Rural Verizon Country. They have been the exclusive local service provider forever. They could give a flat s___t about their customers or service. Not only can I not get DSL at my home, my wire-voice line has a hum that they are unwilling/able to remove - even tho' they can hear it on their end.

Jim

In reference to your hum, could be that the 2 wires for the line (AKA Tip and Ring) are switched (connected backwards). When I first started working for the FAA, the controllers where I was working at the time, wouldn't use 1 of their transmitters, they stated that they have had complaints for years of a hum.

I traced the wire pair from 1 side of the airport to the transmitter site and found the pair were swapped (connected backwards). Fixed the problem in about 2 minutes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR