Sprint iphone

krod31

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
OK so i have sprint what are the odds of sprint announcing a sprint iphone on feb 7th at there invite only press conference?

if not then what are the odds they will have one this year?

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
and there is no way to unlock a CDMA phone since it actually has to be activated the by carriers programing (*228 on VZW if I remember correctly) or by phone or carriers computer system, Sprint WILL NOT activate someone elses phone on their network

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It's not likely, but is still in the realm of possibilities. The Sprint CEO has declined to answer iPhone on Sprint questions during the last few weeks. He hasn't said no but has just avoided the questions.

MattReady

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If Sprint got the iPhone then I might be tempted to switch from ATT. But where I live, ATT actually has great coverage- perhaps better than Verizon, so I have no temptation to switch.

doxiedad#IM

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently with Sprint, but will be going to VZW to get the iPhone, unless Sprint announces they have one coming. AT&T has zero service at my house.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think it would be nice if Apple opened it up to more then just Verizon and AT&T. I don't think Sprint's network could handle it, but you never know. My guess is the iPhone would need to be 3G only or have wimax unless Sprint adopts LTE, but that may be a problem as Clearwire is paart of sprin't and they are the ones who are charging the extra 10 bucks a month.

but hey, ten bucks or be capped out like everyone else?

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I just left Sprint for AT&T. The $10 per month, per line fee was a big part of my decision. I have 5 lines of service and $50/month more put Sprint on the same level as AT&T and Verizon. Since AT&T offered me a better deal, I decided to give them a shot and got my family 5 iPhone 3GS's for $19 each and a 20% discount on my voice & data every month too. So far, I have been completely satisfied with AT&T and glad I bid farewell to Sprint. It doesn't seem like they will get the iPhone or even want it for that matter.

chesterhound

Reactions: pogeypre

remmy123

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here. I submitted my resignation with Sprint today because of this $10 add on for any smartphone upgrade. Its B.S. to be frank. After my military discount Ill be paying the same as I did with Sprint on ATT and an iPhone. Its also a number of other things like the worlds worst phone lineup and the big burn I felt with webOS and HP phones. I might go back to them one day.

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
In addition to extra $10/mo per line Sprint was going to charge me, they removed the discount I had on 3 of my 5 lines back in fall. So, Sprint is slowly getting rid of the one thing that made it a good choice for people: Lower plan prices. And, Remmy, you are so right regarding Sprint's phone line-up. They seem to get new phones after the phone has been released on other carriers, sometimes months or years later.
Not to bash Sprint too much...they are still an alternative for some, but that choice is slowly fading away. I have NO regrets so far on choosing AT&T.

chesterhound

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint does have the best value.450 land line minutes. Unlimited mobile to mobile.( no silly calling circle ) unlimited web text and data. Just the prices can be high for some.

- sent from Tapatalk Pro on my HTC EVO 4G

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Chris:
Like I said, Sprint is an alternative for some. My main point was that the line Sprint had on low rate plans is eroding. I had the family plan with 5 BB's and it was going up $50 every month. That's unacceptable to me. I'm not sure what silly calling circle you are talking about, but with AT&T I have unlimited mobile to any mobile on my plan, unlimited messaging and 2GB of data (which is more than enough) for each family line. Plus a 20% discount on the voice and data plans every month is a serious savings and beats Sprint for my family. And, of course, the device selection offered by AT&T goes without saying. Good luck with Sprint though...

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I totally think Sprint can handle this kind of traffic. Now that Verizon has this and both Sprint and Verizon are CDMA what's holding them back from not getting at least the iphone4 if not the iphone5 which is due to be announced June/July. Also, that the contract with Verizon is non-exclusive so that opens the door even more. I have been a sprint customer for years and would be all over this if it happens in fact I am gonna wait for my upgrade just for this reason..

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Chris:
Like I said, Sprint is an alternative for some. My main point was that the line Sprint had on low rate plans is eroding. I had the family plan with 5 BB's and it was going up $50 every month. That's unacceptable to me. I'm not sure what silly calling circle you are talking about, but with AT&T I have unlimited mobile to any mobile on my plan, unlimited messaging and 2GB of data (which is more than enough) for each family line. Plus a 20% discount on the voice and data plans every month is a serious savings and beats Sprint for my family. And, of course, the device selection offered by AT&T goes without saying. Good luck with Sprint though...

the plans he is speaking of are the Everything Data Plan or Simply Everything Plan.

can't post the link cuz I am still a newbie.. :rolleyes:

chesterhound#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Sprint decisions questionable

the plans he is speaking of are the Everything Data Plan or Simply Everything Plan.

can't post the link cuz I am still a newbie.. :rolleyes:

Dream:

I was on the Everything Data Family plan. It was ok until the recent changes I posted above. And now Sprint has decided to jam their Premier customers by making some tiered guidelines. Premier members are the most loyal customers Sprint has. For some reason, Sprint is discouraging upgrades. Many, many customers want to upgrade their devices. So why punish these folks by charging them more for the exact same plan they were on before the upgrade or making them wait almost one year more to get a new device and keeping them as a customer? Maybe Sprint could have grandfathered these loyal customers instead of making these adverse changes. It's decisions like these that make Sprint's future uncertain.

I agree Sprint's network could probably handle the iPhone. I don't believe Apple sees it in their best interest to do business with Sprint. Plus, I think it's going to get ugly at Sprint now that T-Mobile is being bought by AT&T.

chesterhound

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox