When/if VZW gets the iPhone, Android will no longer sell on verizon. I can't tell you how many times a VZ rep has told a customer "this android phone is like the iphone"
    Won't happen. There will still be people who want or like android. they want a physical keyboard. They don't want to be tied in to the Apple eccosystem, don't want itunes etc

and the rep is right. Its a smart phone. It makes calls. It can download apps. It can browse the web, do e-mail, play games. take photos and video. It may not have a shinny Apple logo, but in alll, its just like the iPhone, minus the OS and phsycial appearance.
    01-09-2011 03:16 PM
    Agree with the above.

WSJ is now throwing fuel to the fire... I mean reporting that their iPhone will be offered with unlimited data, but they're saying it might be a temporary offer since they want to go to a tiered plan like AT&T.
    01-09-2011 07:48 PM
    Hahaha... let the catfight begin

AT&T Already Attacking Verizon iPhone: "Not Sure iPhone Users Are Ready For Life In The Slow Lane" (T, VZ, AAPL)

AT&T PR boss Larry Solomon reached out with a statement: "The iPhone is built for speed, but that's not what you get with a CDMA phone. I'm not sure iPhone users are ready for life in the slow lane."
    All I have to say to Larry is I'd rather be moving in the slow lane than on the on the shoulder of the fast lane for no apparent reason and unable to call for help with a lemon.
    01-09-2011 08:11 PM
    Ha ha. Verizon's 4g is as fast as Ethernet cable. If the VZW iPhone is the new 4G from Verizon, it'll blow anything AT&T has out of the water. It will be costly but if Verizon is savvy, it'll offer a super discount price for the first 6 months & swamp AT&T.
    01-09-2011 08:19 PM
    Verizon can announce whatever they Want. I'm happy with AT&T and I'm staying with them
    01-09-2011 09:19 PM
    I think it is overall a good thing. Choice is good. Having competition is good as well. Competition is what drives innovation. Android wouldn't be around if it weren't for the iPhone. iPhone wouldn't have to make significant improvements if there weren't challengers.
    01-10-2011 02:27 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD