according to a leaked document, big red will change their upgrade policy from 13-17 mo into a two year contract to 20 mo before you can upgrade and do away with the NE2 program

Wow it's gonna suck to be on Big Red... even if they get an iphone lol

Verizon to ditch early upgrades and New Every Two program -- Ubergizmo
    01-05-2011 03:07 AM
    I thought they already did this?

I know they cut back on the amount you got with NE2 a while ago, like cut it in half I believe.
    01-05-2011 09:12 AM
    I used to love my new every two when I was with Verizon.
    01-05-2011 11:23 AM
    From my experience, Verizon had always been rather strict about their upgrades. If you weren't eligible they didn't go out of their way to get you an upgrade. Quite the opposite actually, they never really budged the dates for me. AT&T on the other hand lets me upgrade quite often. You just need a legitimate reason and a nice salesperson. I mean hell you can upgrade to a new iphone a a discount every year if you play your cards right with AT&T. I doubt Verizon is going to be this flexible, and this new policy reflects that.
    01-05-2011 05:08 PM
    From my experience, Verizon had always been rather strict about their upgrades. If you weren't eligible they didn't go out of their way to get you an upgrade. Quite the opposite actually, they never really budged the dates for me. AT&T on the other hand lets me upgrade quite often. You just need a legitimate reason and a nice salesperson. I mean hell you can upgrade to a new iphone a a discount every year if you play your cards right with AT&T. I doubt Verizon is going to be this flexible, and this new policy reflects that.
    Sales person cant authorize upgrades. If they could, they always would as they are paid on commision. It depends on your plan and how much you spend to how often you get upgrades. I get them every 12 months
    01-05-2011 05:18 PM
    ^^ yep yep!
    01-06-2011 07:52 PM
    Just furthers the i4 speculation on big red as to why I posted it lol
    01-06-2011 09:20 PM
    Doesnt matter much to me as I plan to stay with AT&T even after verizon gets the iPhone.
    01-06-2011 10:59 PM
    Yup same here, regardless if anything is different for the vzw i4, such as the leaked parts on the web, different band etc ... I'll stay with ATT too.. all i5's or i4S' or whatever they are called will be the same... july isn't that far off lol
    01-06-2011 11:48 PM
    This is gonna suck to everyone that wants to leave At&t for Verizon if they get the iPhone. They will have to pay outrageous amounts if they chose to get a new iphone every year they come out.
    01-07-2011 12:10 PM
    and keep in mind not ever iPhone realse is "good" Look at the 3G and 3GS. Not much different other then a speed bump and I think video recording. If you were a 3G owner you had to decide if that upgrade was really worth it.
    01-07-2011 01:16 PM
    I left VZW to come to AT&T over a year ago, those blood sucking worthless leeches aren't worth going back to... iPhone or not lol I have mine already
    01-07-2011 01:36 PM
    I'd have an iPhone if it weren't for AT&Ts network in North Iowa... get away from I-35 very far, and it plain sucks. Verizon, on the other hand, has excellent coverage in the places I spend most of my time.
    01-07-2011 03:22 PM
    I'm sure there will probably be a special iPhone deal like AT&Ts that allows users to upgrade every year.. Maybe at a price between new contract and no contract?
    01-08-2011 12:01 AM
    I can't wait for big V to get the phone and a new "I hate my verizon price/plan/service/customer service" threads pop up
    01-08-2011 03:48 AM
    LOL, I already hate them... One of the reasons I went to AT&T
    01-08-2011 09:39 AM
    LOL, I already hate them... One of the reasons I went to AT&T
    I don't like any carrier really. But i'll stick with the one that actually offers 3G service in my area. One of the reasons i like the iphone is not having to deal with carriers so much.

If i lived in a verizon area and their coverage was much better, i'd switch. It's that simple.

I'll be pretty happy with a hspa+ iphone 5 on AT&T this year.
    01-08-2011 10:36 AM
    Coverage here isn't really an issue with either one, they just are a bunch of blood thirsty leeches ... While that may be harsh, it's pretty much the truth...
    01-08-2011 10:54 AM
    Even if things were equal coverage wise, i still have a good number of roll over minutes to keep me on AT&T. HSPA+ (which isn't too shabby) is close to 100% as they've said. LTE on Verizon isn't..this will be a wait game.

When AT&T does get LTE rolling out, at least i can fall back on HSPA+ while waiting. Verizon's version of 3G is too slow..more comparable to Edge.
    01-08-2011 11:11 AM
    Even if things were equal coverage wise, i still have a good number of roll over minutes to keep me on AT&T. HSPA+ (which isn't too shabby) is close to 100% as they've said. LTE on Verizon isn't..this will be a wait game.

When AT&T does get LTE rolling out, at least i can fall back on HSPA+ while waiting. Verizon's version of 3G is too slow..more comparable to Edge.
    While I agree Verizon's 3G is slower, its still legit 3G (AKA not close/comparable to edge)..
    01-08-2011 12:00 PM
    There are some areas of AT&T EDGE that seem logjtnight fast for EDGE, I'd have to disagree somewhat .... It hasn't happened a lot butnit has happened lol
    01-08-2011 12:29 PM
    ditto

more chars

financialhelpforsinglemomsnow com]financial help
    01-10-2011 02:25 PM
    I'm on the NE2 plan, but I'm not the primary, so I'm used to getting my phone every 20 months. Before I had smartphones I kept buying phones on Ebay as I would go through them (I don't know why I go through 4 or 5 every 2 yrs), but now that I'm tied to a BlackBerry I've been stuck with the stupid thing since last August. My 20 months are up at the end of April, though, and I'm getting myself an iPhone. If the rumors get stronger that another iPhone will hit VZW in June, I'll wait to see what that is, but I've been waiting for an iPhone for years and I don't know how much longer I can wait before I go crazy, lol. My first gen iPod Touch is slowly falling apart (headphone jack loose, random pixels going out) and I'm just praying it'll make it till April (or June).

TL;DR: I was already used to this, so no biggie for me
    01-11-2011 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD