insane amount of dropped calls..

frozinwater

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
has anyone living in NYC and has the iphone 4 having an issue where they cannot stay on a phone conversation longer than 5-10 minutes before the call is dropped. It's not like my service bars are going anywhere either, i always have 4-5 of them and when my call drops, they dont even move. This is very annoying and I'm curious to know if this is a network issue or if it is my phone. I love in rosedale, queens. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. I lived in Jersey City and worked in Manhattan.

I had the 3GS and my $60/month iPhone transformed into a iPod touch in my apartment. Nobody could call me. And if they did it's, "Hi... beep, beep, beep". I got to know the smokers well since I had to go outside to get any consistent connection. Manhattan was fine... as long as you were outside. And at work it operated much like your phone.

I can't find the link I had, but there was a map that showed where the cell towers were and it also allowed users to report how the connection was in nyc. Maybe somebody here can post it.

If it were me, I'd go to AT&T and see what they can do- which is probably nothing except for threaten you with a termination fee if you are thinking about leaving.

Then I'd sell the phone on eBay, pay the termination fee, go back to a dumbphone and wait for the Verizon iPhone if you really want an iPhone. Or go with an Android phone. On Verizon. Unless you just got your phone, in which case I'd return ASAP.

I switched to a Droid for the service. The phone isn't exactly a looker, the app selection still sucks, the app store is still a mess, Android is laggy at times, the OS isn't as pretty as iOS, I paid that idiotic termination fee, etc.

But and this is a big, sexy booty butt... when you can make phone calls, receive them, and go onto the internet without an interruption in the service, it feels amazing. Seriously, the first week I was blown away that I could make a phone call and not say, "I'm in my apartment, the connection might..." beep, beep, beep (call failed on screen). I was getting calls from people and not the mystery voicemail 3 hours later! I was amazed that I could use the internet at home and get phone calls from my boss at work. It's magical. I don't regret switching one bit. And with the Verizon iPhone coming out soon, I can have the best of both worlds.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
has anyone living in NYC and has the iphone 4 having an issue where they cannot stay on a phone conversation longer than 5-10 minutes before the call is dropped. It's not like my service bars are going anywhere either, i always have 4-5 of them and when my call drops, they dont even move. This is very annoying and I'm curious to know if this is a network issue or if it is my phone. I love in rosedale, queens. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Sad to hear this, but here, people are giving up their iPhones due to the crummy AT&T service. I got my iPhone & never even considered AT&T for the reason you cited and what those using iPhones on AT&T told me about their experience.

Instead I got an unlocked iPhone 4 & am using T-Mob. Never had a dropped call & coverage is great. EDGE isn't fast, but most of my time is at a WiFi location so in my case, data speed is even better than 3g.

From my POV, AT&T doesn't seem to be doing anything about getting better coverage. To me, it's overpriced and under delivered system.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Sad to hear this, but here, people are giving up their iPhones due to the crummy AT&T service. I got my iPhone & never even considered AT&T for the reason you cited and what those using iPhones on AT&T told me about their experience.

Instead I got an unlocked iPhone 4 & am using T-Mob. Never had a dropped call & coverage is great. EDGE isn't fast, but most of my time is at a WiFi location so in my case, data speed is even better than 3g.

From my POV, AT&T doesn't seem to be doing anything about getting better coverage. To me, it's overpriced and under delivered system.

all because of where you live. agreed

where i live its hard for me to drop a call, silly i know. my 3G speeds are ridiculous; meaning, when i go into a familiar wifi spot and have forgotten to turn on wifi, 80%-85% of the time i do not notice

so, for me, the price is worth it and its a great system. see how that works?

now that VZW is in the mix hopefully they will satisfy not only your needs but anyone else who has issues

frozinwater, thank you for maintaining your thread and giving us a report. glad to hear it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods