3G speed is not so speedy

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I came from many years of using 2G/Edge Blackberry service with TMO and when I got my iphone 4 with 3G through AT&T I was so happy with the data speed.

I mean it was not lighting fast or anything but it was noticeably faster and good enough for just playing/browsing around.

Now, after 4 months of usage, I'm not sure if its the phone or the service.

App store, itunes, and apps that require data take so much longer to load. Feel like its back to Edge speeds...browsing experience is ruined by the lag as well.

Is it AT&T or do I need to clear something on the phone?

I'm in the NYC area by the way.

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Your connection speed will vary depending on your location and network congestion. If you're in NYC, the network is prone to be heavily used, lowering your top connection speed.

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm planning to lower my 3G from 2GB to 200MB and just get the Clear iSpot.

This way I can have both 4G and internet on my ipad as well.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i must really live in the perfect situation...

i often find myself forgetting that i turned wifi off earlier in the day, and when at home my device is just as fast, or any where at that matter

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I've seen speeds of almost 6 Mbps at Bush Airport in Houston on 3G .. still have the speed test to prove it, I have never had issues with my 3G anywhere being really slow, BUT you have to remember, BB is is a compressed browser if you used it for years, it's gonna be somewhat faster, nothing really there to download, i4 has a full web browser, anyone else will tell you the same thing,

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2