Is it easy to turn on and off the iPad data plan?

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I bought an iPad 3G but don't want to purchase the 3G data plan until I need it (e.g., traveling). Is it easy to turn off the data plan after the 30 days. And then turn it back on again, say a month later? Are there activation fees or can I turn it on (for 30 days) and off again when I need it?

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought an iPad 3G but don't want to purchase the 3G data plan until I need it (e.g., traveling). Is it easy to turn off the data plan after the 30 days. And then turn it back on again, say a month later? Are there activation fees or can I turn it on (for 30 days) and off again when I need it?

Its pay as you go. You are not on a contract, so there wont be a charge other then the amount you pay for data.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
and you can always call AT&T and they might try to persuade you to keep you from it but just say you want it taken off and they will deactivate and not charge you anything.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
and you can always call AT&T and they might try to persuade you to keep you from it but just say you want it taken off and they will deactivate and not charge you anything.

according to the iPad 3G page:
Manage your data plan. iPad makes it easy to choose the data plan that works best for you. When you need more data, you can add another 250MB or upgrade to the 2GB data plan. Because you sign up for a data plan in monthly increments, you can cancel your plan at any time and then sign up again whenever you need 3G service.

Apple - iPad - Stay connected everywhere you go.

maxburn

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Besides the cost this is the best part about the ipad data plan. No problem at all to start/stop the plan. Also it can be done from any browser here.

Click on the add data now and you need to enter the user/pass that you set up when you started the plan on your ipad.

OK I am too new to post a link. Maybe someone else can do it, it is on the ATT site.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711