Iphone service problem

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Randomly my iphone will lose all service and show no bars but still have the at&t icon. My iphone will act like it has no service but I still think I do. I have to manually restart my iphone for my service to correct itself. Even if im in high service areas it still shows no bars. I have a iphone 4 4.0.1 non jailbroken. This problem also occurs on my brothers iphone 3gs 3.1.3 jailbroken. Any suggestions?

grittyman

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue. Went to the Apple store, got a replacement phone but still had the same issues. Went to AT&T store, got new sim card but issues still persist.

I give up.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Keep complaining to AT&T and try to get hold of someone in the Engineering dept. Ask them for service codes to try to find out which cell you are attached to. When you have this you can see when your phone last registered to the network and what the cell name/number is. It should reregister when the signal comes back... if not then they have a cell issue. If you wanna get technical then they have a Circuit Switch (CS) issue on the cell.