I recently switched to the DataPro with Tethering Plan because I travel a lot and like to use my MacBook for internet as much as possible. As I use my 2GB (wtf?) of data I am continually reminded by AT&T (by email AND SMS) that i am my 65%, 90% and "over" limit. This seems as if "big blue ball" is pleading with me to stop using data over 3G, while traveling that is . not to mention that where i live is "off-network" and they have also asked me to stop using data service's when in such areas.
    07-28-2010 09:36 PM
    Verizon does the same thing with their software that runs their data cards. I always thought it was weird that the software is constantly telling me how much data I've used when it's sold as unlimited.
    07-28-2010 10:27 PM
    That's got to suck. Good thing I grandfathered my unlimited plan. However I fell that AT&T is going to remove it from everyone next iPhone refresh.
    07-28-2010 10:32 PM
    That's got to suck. Good thing I grandfathered my unlimited plan. However I fell that AT&T is going to remove it from everyone next iPhone refresh.
    If they take my unlimited, they better raise the 2GB cap or else, or else, or else, ehhhh I'd still get an iPhone...
    07-28-2010 11:35 PM
    I sure hope not. I kept my unlimited plan. Worth it for me. I've had my iPhone for less than a week and already have over 600 MB of data usage.
    07-28-2010 11:42 PM
    I recently switched to the DataPro with Tethering Plan because I travel a lot and like to use my MacBook for internet as much as possible. As I use my 2GB (wtf?) of data I am continually reminded by AT&T (by email AND SMS) that i am my 65%, 90% and "over" limit. This seems as if "big blue ball" is pleading with me to stop using data over 3G, while traveling that is . not to mention that where i live is "off-network" and they have also asked me to stop using data service's when in such areas.
    Why should you pay the same as me if you are using that much data and I only use 400MB? AT&T is making the data hogs pay up and bring more affordable options to us "regular" users. At the same time making people more aware of what they are using and hopefully self regulating. All leading up to hopefully less clogged data airways and a better network for all.
    07-29-2010 12:06 AM
    I guess I'm lucky since almost everywhere I travel I can access wifi. It's a non issue for me.
    07-29-2010 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD