Verizon iPhone... Employee said it's coming

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Wait. iPhone on Verizon? Why hasn't someone thought of this already.

2ex3tpe.jpg

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I like the idea of femtocells/microcells. Three of the 4 major carriers in the US offer it. Why not use it if it's free?

I would use it if I had no service at all in my home. But, I am on wifi at home, and we have a hardline too, if I didn't have those two things I'd have gotten an mcell long ago. We have one in our office at work, its a nice device to have!

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
MetroPCS is going to be getting the iPhone too... No basis for making such a statement. But had a said a friend of a friend whose ex-girlfriends roommate told said so, it would hold water right?

ddot196

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I highly doubt VZW will get the iPhone. They are so far up a creek with Android. I just cannot see them also getting iPhone. I remember reading a while back that VZW was content with not having it as they were focusing more on their droid phones.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I highly doubt VZW will get the iPhone. They are so far up a creek with Android. I just cannot see them also getting iPhone. I remember reading a while back that VZW was content with not having it as they were focusing more on their droid phones.

There are statements from the head cheese at Big Red that Verizon is ready for the iPhone network and he has personally asked Jobs for it:

Verizon CEO confirms he's told Apple he wants the iPhone, won't say if he's getting it -- Engadget

I am quite sure that their network would be strained under heavy iPhone use.

My question is, why are people doubting that Big Red would ever get it? Maybe not this year (I suspect 2012), but most certainly they will. They are moving to an international LTE standard that can handle data at the same time as voice, although voice will still use CDMA in the meantime until full LTE is implemented.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If VZW does get it (or T-Mobile, or any other carrier), it will be really interesting to see what happens to those networks. AT&T has gotten slammed, in part because of the iPhone. The huge popularity of the phone has caused overloading on their network in many places (fortunately, the Phoenix metro area does not seem to be adversely affected)... but I wonder how VZW would have handled the stress and demand on their network had they had a 4 year exclusive deal for the iPhone. It's food for thought...

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Wired's latest article on the subject of AT&T vs Apple mentioned that Qualcomm was developing a dual technology radio that would work on CDMA & GSM

From Wired
And last year, Qualcomm began working with Apple on a chip that could allow the iPhone to operate on both the AT&T and Verizon networks

If that were true, that would be sweet! to be honest, at&T would be pretty sweet with a ton less people on it... but thats my opinion.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Wired's latest article on the subject of AT&T vs Apple mentioned that Qualcomm was developing a dual technology radio that would work on CDMA & GSM

From Wired

If that were true, that would be sweet! to be honest, at&T would be pretty sweet with a ton less people on it... but thats my opinion.

That would have been great news about 3-4 years ago, but with VZW committed to and working on LTE, the Qualcomm dual tech radio seems to be a bit late to the party.

zeteo#IM

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Personally I doubt Verizon will get it next. Many of the blogs are saying T-Mobile. I tend to agree with that. Verizon has been bad mouthing the iPhone, I don't think SJ will let that pass!

l1ghtn1ng

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Haha I didn't believe the guy nor do I think it's coming to Verizon in January. I just thought it was interesting that he would randomly say that then STOP trying to sell her an android phone when she said nothing about an iPhone in the first place.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Just like a big wig at sprint told my buddy they were getting the iPhone in sept ... Ummmm just take your Evo that prints money hahaha and hush with the iPhone rumors ... That's the single biggest reason I'm not on crackberry that much ... Too much freaking drama lol and trolls lol

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
This isn't any big news sorry if it's wasting time. But I recently went with a friend to a Verizon store in Southern California. She went in because her current phone (enV 3) was acting up.

While we were there the guy noticed my friend could get an upgrade and was trying to push a Droid on her. She said she was fine with her phone and the Droid just wasn't her thing, the employee then said that the regional manager was in the store the other day and told him the iPhone is coming out in January so if she didn't like a Droid she could wait til then.

Now she never said she wanted an iPhone or said anything about switching to AT&T the employee just randomly told us that. Even though this news isn't from a reliable source I thought it was interesting and wanted to share.

A bum on the street offered me a palm reading and told me the same thing.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Agreed, Verizon employees will be the last to know. They will find out 2/3 days before release about the iPhone; if it ever comes. When the iPhone 2g came out, we weren't trained on anything till 2 days before the release. Didn't even know it was coming. And on top of that, we had to sign confidentiality agreements and could fired AND sued by AT&T & Apple if we talked or posted ANYTHING before then.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox