My current mobile contract through Sprint is set to expire on August 8th of this year. Billing cycles start on the 24th.

Will I be able to switch to AT&T on the 8th of August without paying a full month's bill to Sprint (pro-rated) or will Sprint bill me for the entire August pay period?

Thanks!
    06-30-2010 08:23 PM
    All company's prorate ur bill if u cancel before ur cycle date. Doesn't make any sense they would charge u a full month serve if u cancel before the month is up.
    07-01-2010 07:27 PM
    I was just making sure. Thanks! (+rep)
    07-01-2010 08:20 PM
    Sprint ended up saying that they do not pro-rate the final bill so I'm stuck with them until August 23rd-ish.

It would be nice if Apple had the supply problem under control by the time the 23rd of August rolled around so I don't have to worry about trying to time an order.

If I order too soon then I'm going to be stuck paying for a full month of Sprint AND whatever my first AT&T bill is. If I order too late then I have to go without a phone for a little bit (no big deal) and possibly lose my phone number...

Switching carriers is such a PITA.
    07-30-2010 03:17 AM
    U won't lose ur number. Once u activate ur new iPhone on AT&T, it will port ur number over and cancel ur Sprint line at that time.
    07-30-2010 08:33 AM
    U won't lose ur number. Once u activate ur new iPhone on AT&T, it will port ur number over and cancel ur Sprint line at that time.
    Well I told Sprint that I am cancelling after my final billing period ends (August 23rd) and I hope my iPhone arrives slightly before then as I've heard that you aren't guaranteed your phone number if you cancel your association with your previous provider before switching to another.
    07-30-2010 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD