Iphone w/o data plan

stevent

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Is a data plan required for an Iphone? I have a friend w/ an unlocked Iphone on Tmobile w/o a data plan. How can I avoid a data plan w/ an Iphone?

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it's called an iPod Touch. :D

But in all seriousness if you buy an iPhone from AT&T then you are required to sign up for a data plan.

Last edited:

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
theres always a loophole for everything... if u have the iPhone and dont want the data plan then get yaself an old cell phone and insert your SIM, go online, change ya iPhone picture to the one old cell u r using, cancel the data and insert the SIM back into the iPhone and voila, no data plan but note that u may get some harassing msgs from ATT saying that u NEED an ATT Data plan...

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
@hack-my-I

That will work for a day or two till AT&T automatically add the data plan. AT&T won't allow an iPhone active without a data plan.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to assume you're talking about T-Mobile and not AT&T as per Original Post. If you're using an iPhone on T-Mobile, just don't set up any of the carrier network data, and you won't be connected to a T-Mobile Data Network, but you can still make calls and send SMS messages. In order for the mobile data to even work through T-Mobile , it has to be set up manually.

Hope that helps.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You don't NEED one exactly. If you keep the Cellular Data Network info in the options blank, you won't be able to use anything besides SMS and the Phone away from a Wi-Fi connection. If that's ok with you, have at it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR