Want to start AT&T Service w/o Contract

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I want to transfer my cell # from Verizon to AT&T on a 3GS that I have in my hands and not on a contract.
I would like to have a month to month contract since I am bringing the hardware to AT&T and not buying an iPhone through them.

When I call AT&T Customer Svc, they tell me it is possible. They say to go to an AT&T store or talks to a tech rep. Both the store and the tech rep say this can not happen.

Now I realize that everyone does not know everthing, but if the sales people (customer svc) are saying yes - there has to be a way to make this happen.

In the meantime, I can use my work phone sim card to make the phone work, the internet does not work on MediaNet, so I use my wifi at on the home network.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me guidance that actually works in obtaining complete iphone service on my iphone!:)

nstuber3956

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
the only noncontract service att sells is the gophone and i as told that the data service doesnt work very well on it. I could be wrong but that is what i was told by an att service rep.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
the only noncontract service att sells is the gophone and i as told that the data service doesnt work very well on it. I could be wrong but that is what i was told by an att service rep.

Not true... that would be crazy. If you have a older iPhone such as the 3GS that was given to you you can indeed get service with no contract. You are not getting a subsidy for them so sure you can get service without a 2 year contract.

nstuber3956

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
every at&t rep i talk to tells me i have to pay the deposit in order to get any service. I Have been trying for days to convince someone that i dont have to sign a contract but they tell me i do. The last one said the only other option i had was the gophone.

b8x4c34

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just tell them you already have your equipment, and just want a month to month commitment on a normal monthly plan. You do still have to submit to a credit check tho.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2