I found something out about the ability to keep unlimited data plans. You can keep the unlimited data plans only if you go from iPhone to iPhone, Blackberry to Blackberry, etc. Blackberry to iPhone, or any other smart phone to iPhone or visa versa will require some supervisor to over ride the change. I have a Blackberry and a iPhone which I switch back and forth from from time to time. I had a feeling that BB to iPhone would cause a problem so I called AT&T and asked. The CS rep didn't know the answer so she had to go and ask. When she came back she said as long as it was an unlimited data plan of any kind then I could keep it. When I tried to activate the iPhone late that day the rep told me the same thing, only when he tried to add the iPhone code he said the unlimited code was not there to be added. Long story short, he confirmed with a supervisor that you could only keep the unlimited data if you were keeping the same phone. His supervisor did an override for me so I could keep my unlimited data. I know that BB and iPhones have unique codes for their data which is different from AT&T other smart phones. So keep this in mind if you are one of those who have unlimited data now but not an iPhone active. I had my iPhone active a few months ago so I don't know if that is the reason the supervisor let me keep the unlimited data. So you might have to raise some heck but you can get it done. Just giving a heads up so you will know if you are in my situation that there will be a problem in keeping unlimited data if you switch smart phones.
    06-13-2010 10:32 PM
    The iPhone on blackberry data works fine. I believe you are not FORCED to activate an iphone data plan as long as you simply take the sim out of blackberry and put it into the iphone. If you call and tell them you switch, then you might be put on iphone data. I have done this for about two weeks. The rep said that they have an automatic system which puts you on the correct data plan but as far as im concerned, it never happened. You can always ask to use the iphone with blackberry data, and make the rep put a note on your account to keep the unlimited.
    06-14-2010 12:32 PM
    I tried that on thursday and got an error about no valid data plan on the account. Before I could use for a few days before that error came up. Now it came up from the start. So I guess something changed in their computer regarding the data plans. But what the rep told me was changing from any unlimited data plan to an iPhone or BB plan would require one of the new plans. But the CS manager was able to over ride it.
    06-14-2010 11:27 PM
    Seems to me that its not a matter of if the network recognizes the type of phone but when. Blackberry to iphone and had a couple days with no problem, but than had to call in and change the plan.
    06-21-2010 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD