Ok,

I purchased a 3Gs and returned it today, but before I purchased it I had the unlimited data for $29.99. Well, I leave the AT&T store today with my old iphone and attempt to use Pandora and I have no data. So, I call the store that the Rep pretty much told me Sorry we can't offer you the old unlimited data plan, but at least you are saving $5 a month. After talking with a Manager he is almost willing to do anything to keep me as a customer because after all its not my fault. My question is how do I take advantage of AT&T's screw up? Would would you all do?
    06-11-2010 09:29 PM
    Do you honestly use more than 2GB a month? If not, save $5 and be happy.. But you can still complain and try to get more money off your bills or something.
    06-11-2010 09:32 PM
    where's whmurray when you need him?

anyways, yeah that is messed up. $5 is nothing... good luck and let us know how everything turns out
    06-11-2010 09:49 PM
    Take advantage? Call customer service and have them override it. When going from iPhone to iPhone, you're supposed to keep your data plan,.

Heck, I've actually been switching the past few days and I've been given the unlimited option.
    06-11-2010 10:00 PM
    I think ur sol on this one. When I was a b2b acct rep, once a grandfathered plan was gone, it's GONE. There was no way to re-add it. Make sure u get credits to ur acct to make up for the loss of the unlimited data. R.I.P unlimited data plans...
    06-11-2010 10:05 PM
    When are people going to realize that the phone company isn't here to do you any favors....it never has been. It's job is to provide a service and rape you in the process. It's always been like that. Nothing will ever change, so there's no use crying about it.
    06-11-2010 10:14 PM
    You can even keep the unlimited data when moving from any smartphone. I tried it and went through the upgrade procedure online from my BlackBerry to a 3GS. Unlimited was an option, so I will be doing my actual upgrade preorder online. This way no rep in the store can screw it up. I will have iPhone 4 and will be keeping my unlimited data.
    06-11-2010 11:10 PM
    I think I'll take advantage and see if I can get money off my new iPhone. Afterall it was their fault and not mine. I'll let everyone know how things turn out tomorrow.
    06-12-2010 01:13 AM
    This is why i preorder my iphones from apple and always just handle my account online so if something goes wrong its my fault. They will unlikely give you any money off the new iphone but your best case scenario is they can restore the unlimited data if you call customer service. And possible give you a small account credit. Good luck
    06-12-2010 03:22 AM
    I stream Pandora 1 hour a day with High Quality Setting (My daily commute to and from work) and average 600 megs a month in usage. Pandora doesn't eat up very much data.
    06-12-2010 01:14 PM
    Think AT&T has screwed you? Looks like Apple is going to take the fall for them.

" The Federal Trade Commission is reportedly beginning a formal investigation into Apple's decision to block out certain software from its iOS (previously known as iPhone OS) and whether it qualifies as an antitrust violation."
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-12-2010 at 06:03 PM.
    06-12-2010 06:00 PM
    Well, I called the store manager today and "somehow" he was able to get my unlimited data back. I don't know how much data I use, I just don't like being "limited".
    06-12-2010 10:29 PM
    suitebliss
    Well, I called the store manager today and "somehow" he was able to get my unlimited data back. I don't know how much data I use, I just don't like being "limited".

Glad it worked out for you.
    06-12-2010 11:12 PM
    Little by little they're going to weed people off the unlimited plan.
    06-12-2010 11:40 PM
    berdinkerdickle
    Little by little they're going to weed people off the unlimited plan.

That's why it's SUPER important that if u have an unlimited data plan that u never change it or it'll be gone forever.
    06-13-2010 12:16 AM
    Like the cable company, maybe they can give you $10 off your next bill. I don't think they're gonna offer much more.
    06-25-2010 09:00 PM
    Like the cable company, maybe they can give you $10 off your next bill. I don't think they're gonna offer much more.
    I've had AT&T discount me an entire month of data ($30) for several screw ups on their behalf.. so I'd say at least up to $30 is possible.
    06-28-2010 09:49 PM
    Ok,

I purchased a 3Gs and returned it today, but before I purchased it I had the unlimited data for $29.99. Well, I leave the AT&T store today with my old iphone and attempt to use Pandora and I have no data. So, I call the store that the Rep pretty much told me Sorry we can't offer you the old unlimited data plan, but at least you are saving $5 a month. After talking with a Manager he is almost willing to do anything to keep me as a customer because after all its not my fault. My question is how do I take advantage of AT&T's screw up? Would would you all do?
    As long as you had it before, and if it was a CS in store screw up, you should be able to get it back...
    06-29-2010 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD