stick with at&t or wait for other carriers?

rwn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As the title says... or rather asks; will you get the new IPhone with AT&T or will you wait and get it with Verizon or any other such carriers?

and if you do answer, be sure to give a few reasons why.

ematts

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
ATT sux. I use the phone all over Philly and the coverage stinks.

I go to events at the baseball and hockey stadiums and there is rarely coverage.

If iPhone went to Verizon too, ATT would be a in big trouble.

At one point, ATT stopped selling iPhones to anyone with a NYC zipcode. REALLY?

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually heading to AT&T on August 3rd to get the new iPhone 4. I've been with Sprint for the past six or so years and I currently use an LG Rumor (the WORST phone I've ever owned - Sprint didn't have anything interesting at the time of my last renewal).

I was seriously considering sticking with Sprint and buying an HTC EVO 4G but Apple finally wowed me enough to convince me to make the switch after their WWDC.

Besides, I was getting tired of all the rumors that have been popping up since the iPhone 2G that that the iPhone would be jumping ship from AT&T and it never happening.

If the iPhone does end up leaving AT&T by the end of my two year contract and it goes to Sprint then I will most definitely jump ship back to my original carrier of choice. If goes anywhere else then then I'll stick with AT&T unless I become extremely dissatisfied by their service (which isn't going to be likely according to my friends and family in the area that use iPhones).

mpaquette

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on Verizon and am sick of waiting for them to get the iPhone. I'm going to get a line with at&t and give their service a spin in my area. Reasons:

1. Sick of waiting for Verizon
2. I've been having issues lately with my Verizon service at my house
3. The new iPhone looks sweet and I want one

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I jumped ship from VZW in Dec of last year and now with the new i4.... coverage is a lot better, yes they lack 3G outside major cities, but I've read they are dumping 280 billion into their towers and upgrades this year... at an avg of at least 500 grand a tower, that's almost 500 towers to upgrade... i'm liking the sound of that

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sticking it out with T-Mobile. I'm just hoping the analysts are right, and we'll be seeing a T-Mobile(USA) iPhone in late 2010 early 2011. It's an easy conversion for apple, just a slight tweak with the
3G Bands (They just need to add one more). T-Mobile is cheaper, and has great coverage in my area. Plus I have a grandfathered $39.99 family plan I don't really want to give up. Plus the $25 for unlimited data is nice.

iPhone4User

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Depends on your location...I think ATT has the best coverage, but the most congested network, which I think will be attenuated by the billions they are investing to expand it and the use of Microcells which can bring down the demand from cell phone towers.

Fraydog#IM

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
You really have to instigate based on location. I really had issues with the 3GS in my hometown of Chester, IL. I returned the iPhone and went back to Verizon for a while but when the iPhone 4 came out, I gave it another shot and I am quite satisfied. My call drops have went down over both the 3GS and the Krave that I was using on Verizon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73