Why AT&T's New Data Plans are Good

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Okay everyone has there own opinion but if your iPhone is jailbroken then most likely you are using a lot more than 250 mb or maybe even 2gb when you use installous to download something it is using the data plan. I personally think that it is not a smart move ATT is doing yeah many users will be able to use smartphones but what about the old users who dont really have to worry about the data plan. This is just plain stupid

It's definitely a smart move, whether you can see why or not... It might not be favourable for all consumers but it's better overall for the experience of customers on the AT&T network. The only way you're going over 2GB solely because of Installous is if you are downloading an offline GPS app over 3G, which is an absolutely retarded thing to do in the first place, as it would take hours.

If you don't like it, keep your current unlimited data.

igorsky

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't have an issue with the new plans because it seems to be a network-improving move as opposed to a money-making move. Less people using less data is better for all of us, imo.

Plus you get to keep the unlimited plan if you choose, so complaints are moot point.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
It's definitely a smart move, whether you can see why or not... It might not be favourable for all consumers but it's better overall for the experience of customers on the AT&T network. The only way you're going over 2GB solely because of Installous is if you are downloading an offline GPS app over 3G, which is an absolutely retarded thing to do in the first place, as it would take hours.

If you don't like it, keep your current unlimited data.

Yeah I agree with you on this. For one thing the new plans don't affect me at all since I have no need to tether and and already have the 30ULM plan. But lets just say that I was a new user, okay when I am at home and since I work from home that's quite a bit then I am on wi-fi and not using any data, and I don't know about you but the last job I had was a full wi-fi office as I am sure that many on here have so what is the real issue.

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't believe the spin about this being "good" for at&t customers. This is all about what is good for at&t. But hey that's business, and I don't mind that at all. At&t wants to make a profit like any other business, but I do get annoyed by the spin.

If at&t wants to improve their network and get better set up for the future, they can either take their profit hits now and develop the network, or raise the costs to consumers. Trust me, at&t is expecting people's data usage to increase over the next several years, and they are banking on the idea that many people will opt for cheaper plans and then pay overage costs. It makes no sense for consumers to try and decrease their data usage while the newer phones are all about consuming data.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
ok so if i opt into, lets say, the 200MB plan... will i be able to go back to unlimited later?

From what I keep reading, once you drop the unlimited and pick one of the others and can't go back to unlimited. You can only go to the other option, 2GB or 200MB.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
So isn't that false advertising?? I mean it's not really unlimited if you get charged for going over. I mean how do u go over unlimited?? that's like saying a number bigger than infinity.

It is total BS but they get away with it with their "fair use" policy. It basically says that you can't be a data hog and ruin the network for everyone else. We all know that AT&T doesn't need help ruining their network, they do a fine job all by themselves LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2