I figured a forum like this is the place to get great info concerning the iPhone and it's positive & negative attributes...looking forward to the intel...haha First off I currently am a Verizon customer & have been very satisfied with my service...some of my friends are on AT&T & they seem to have alot more dropped calls & less service area for sure...but I am also an avid iTouch user & the idea of having the use of apps available all the time sounds wonderful...So what are the chances the iPhone coming to Verizon soon or would I have to go with AT & T to enjoy that oppurtunity...haha I have seen different rumors swirling out there...any truth to them? Any pros & cons concerning AT&T would also be appreciated...Thanks...
    02-05-2010 02:53 PM
    You have a better chance of winning the Mastery of English Grammar award. Here's the issue with Verizon and Apple. They are both controlling companies that don't like to give a lot of leeway in many areas. Verizon is getting better at allowing GPS, wi-fi and other features on their phones, but they are still a controlling company. Apple touts concurrent data and voice connections in some of their commercials and that experience isn't possible with Verizon unless you are on Wi-Fi. Will Apple ever get on Verizon? Yes. This year? No. This is only about the iPhone and the iPad may be treated differently since it doesn't use voice connections over a cell network at the moment.
    02-05-2010 04:12 PM
    only Apple and Verizon knows

and yes, that was hard to read
    02-05-2010 09:21 PM
    Thanks for the replys...
    02-08-2010 09:48 AM
    Honestly there is no way that the iPhone will go to verizon it has already been stated by apple that is not cost effective to redesign the iPhone with a dual mode feature due to the fact that verizon's CDMA network is only available in the U.S. And Korea. Apple simply would not be able to gain profit in that situation.
    03-02-2010 11:37 AM
    There are so many other Verizon iPhone threads that already exist, I am going to close this one.
    03-29-2010 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD