I think Verizon is going to have a Major Wake Up Call if the iphone really does get released for the next generation to work with them. All those little red dots will be flashing due to power failures.

I have a feeling that as big as Verizon is..... I think that many people will switch to Verizon once the iphone is offered and let alone those that do have Verizon and purchase an iphone will cause the network to be extremely stressed just like it did on AT&T and just like it did in Europe.

Verizon... Pay attention and be ready.
    01-22-2010 01:02 AM
    the most interesting part about Verizon is where CDMA is a dead end technology.

They're going to start replacing it this year. This means they're basically starting over from scratch for 4G.
    01-22-2010 09:36 AM
    Well I don't think that Verizon will be as impacted as much as people think. If they can't do simultaneous voice and data, it won't be taxed as much as people would like. I know for business I am on the phone while checking e-mails, responding to them, and looking at maps to get around. I can't do that on Verizon while using voice service. While they will be taxed, it won't be as severe. I might switch to them in a couple of years when they get LTE and if their prices are exactly the same or lower than AT&T. I see no necessary reason why they should charge $2.99 for visual voicemail.
    01-22-2010 10:18 AM
    I'm praying that verizon by passes the iPhone for android. Whatever network the iPhone is on its going to stress. If they want to keep their dependable service they better skip out on this business venture in my personal opinion
    01-24-2010 04:11 PM
    The day will come... iPhone + Verizon will become one
    01-29-2010 05:17 PM
    I think an iPhone on verizon has about as much of a chance as the iPhone supporting flash.

But that doesn't mean I don't want it to happen. I can't do anything with my iPod touch in my apt. Internet is hopeless, ability to make/receive calls is totally unreliable. Oops. I meant iPhone. Everywhere else is fine. And I'm in NYC. But I highly doubt AT&T will do anything to improve it.

I'm getting sick of it. By June of this year somethings gotta give. AT&T improves their service or iPhone goes to verizon.

I'm now thinking about an android handset + ipad combo.
    01-30-2010 08:47 AM
    I've heard a lot of complaints regarding coverage from users in NYC... The most populous city in the United States, probably with the highest per capita iPhone user rate, and they still can't get it right!
    01-31-2010 03:00 PM
    I really don't think we'll see iPhone on Verizon until Verizon upgrades their network. Apple is not one to move backwards in technology, in fact, they're always trying to create the new standards of tomorrow.
    01-31-2010 05:10 PM
    The day will come... iPhone + Verizon will become one
    I just doubt that. I'm expecting a 3d display on the next iPhone just as much as I expect a verizon iPhone. It's just not going to happen this year.
    02-06-2010 09:12 AM
    CDMA iPhone would be a failure! Verizon is just starting to upgrade from the 1990's CDMA. it would be interesting if verizons "map" is that good after it goes to LTE.. just my opinion tho...
    02-06-2010 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD