Assume a CDMA iPhone is announced tomorrow.

How much are you willing to pay for your new phone? Remember, your old one only works on GSM networks. You have to buy one.
    01-08-2010 07:46 PM
    nothing I hate Verizon
    01-08-2010 07:57 PM
    Slim to None.
    01-08-2010 08:47 PM
    let's see
    1) Horrible customer service
    2) Can't do voice and data at the same time

Especially concerning number 2, The whole point of having a iPhone is so you can do this very specific thing... why would I switch to an inferior network in this regard? An iPhone on Verizon is foolish
    01-09-2010 12:35 AM
    Why would anyone pay more for V? I like it better than AT&T but I'd pay 199 like I did for my current iPhone.
    01-09-2010 12:51 AM
    If my contact with AT&T was almost up I'd pay $199 [At Most] for a Verizon iPhone!
    01-09-2010 07:56 AM
    If my contact with AT&T was almost up I'd pay $199 [At Most] for a Verizon iPhone!
    Same here! I have good 3G coverage is 90% of the area that I work and live in. I won't pay anymore for equal service.

Plus the whole "no data while on the phone" thing is a BIG turn off! I use that a lot!
    01-09-2010 08:48 AM
    I have no interest in verizon or CDMA.
    01-09-2010 10:12 AM
    Assume a CDMA iPhone is announced tomorrow.

How much are you willing to pay for your new phone? Remember, your old one only works on GSM networks. You have to buy one.
    "Only works on GSM." Under your scenario, GSM, the ability to use the phone all over the world, would be the deciding factor. Though one might prefer Verizon to AT&T, one might still prefer GSM over CDMA. If I was offered a dual network iPhone, then I would prefer it to a GSM-only one. Might be williing to pay as much as a $1000 for such an iPhone,
    01-09-2010 11:57 AM
    "Only works on GSM." Under your scenario, GSM, the ability to use the phone all over the world, would be the deciding factor. Though one might prefer Verizon to AT&T, one might still prefer GSM over CDMA. If I was offered a dual network iPhone, then I would prefer it to a GSM-only one. Might be williing to pay as much as a $1000 for such an iPhone,
    Come on no one in their right mind is going to pay a grand for any phone nor should they.
    01-09-2010 12:15 PM
    Verizon sells global phones (mostly Blackberries). it's locked to a Verizon/Vodaphone SIM card that only works when a US network is not available (I need to ask about if it works on AT&T and T-Mobile when Verizon is not available). They generally cost more than a similar US only phone.
    01-09-2010 01:52 PM
    I borrowed a friend's BB Tour to try out for a while. You can pop in your AT&T sim, and it will allow you to make phone calls and send sms (not mms), but you can't do anything else with it - no email, no web, no data anything.
    01-09-2010 04:05 PM
    Come on no one in their right mind is going to pay a grand for any phone nor should they.
    It is not the cost of the device that counts. I paid $725 for my Treo 650 unlocked GSM early. Why not a $1000 for a GSM/CDMA iPhone?
    01-09-2010 09:34 PM
    Hmm... As for price, I would only pay the same price as the iPhone on AT&T. Fundamentally, it is still the same device, except with different radios. Personally, I think it is inevitable that we will see a Verizon iPhone this year due to the strong evidence of the end of the exclusive contract of AT&T and also the rumors that Apple has ordered millions of Qualcomm chips.
    01-10-2010 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD