I was at the new City Center development in Las Vegas. It's a great place to to visit and conduct business, but unfortunately there is no AT&T service. After conducting a poll among other people there: T-Mobile has very excellent service there, as well as Sprint. As for Verizon, it is somewhat spotty. AT&T is non-existent!!!! Nothing but complaints from fellow AT&T subscribers there.

Other than the City Center area, AT&T seems to have very solid coverage throughout the Las Vegas area. Makes no sense to lack coverage at City Center. This development is a hub of major tourism and business. A lot of visitors and employees there who rely upon good cellular service to conduct business, which does not exist there.

Will AT&T get it straight? I never bashed AT&T's service. In fact I've had rather good experiences with their service throughout Las Vegas and Southern California.

This lack of service in the City Center area of development is very frustrating. I have to conduct a lot of meetings there. Lack of service is unacceptable! If the iPhone was available on T-Mobile, I'd switch over in a heartbeat. Sorry, but I'm even considering just switching to T-Mobile and getting a BlackBerry. I need reliable service in that area!!!!!!!!

Why can T-Mobile & Sprint be superior, Verizon be adequte; while AT&T just completely lack service?
    12-25-2009 09:17 AM
    My Mrs. was there last year, and she complained about the same thing, i.e. lack of true AT&T service while in Las Vegas. Terrible really...

Now, she was using a Blackberry. After being there for about two hours, I had her do a battery pull (30 plus seconds), and then she got service EDGE.

I would suggest turning your device off for about 1 minute. Then power it on again, and see what gives...
    12-25-2009 01:04 PM
    Wow.. somehow I am not surprised. AT&T has shown no interest in giving us a better network.
    12-25-2009 08:01 PM
    I've tried everything. I've turned off 3G, and run off of Edge. Turned the phone on and off; even reset the phone and it still can't get a signal. The whole "City Center" development is a massive dead spot for AT&T.
    12-26-2009 05:49 PM
    Do you have the Mark the Spot app on your iPhone? If you do you may want to use that app to alert AT&T's network engineers that the City Center area is a dead spot.
    12-28-2009 02:35 PM
    part of the issue with City Center is they 'rented' space on top to some antenna's for a lot of money support, and the shear size, height of the place blocks line of sight for most of the other antenna's out near Red Rock. I had multiple issues with AT&T at Mandalay Bay, on the 3rd floor of their convention center but was perfect outside. I also believe although its wrong, some places out here incorporate a cell interfere of sorts. I have known meeting planners and events to do this themselves for keynote presentations.
    Also, get 10k people in one area i.e. mandalay bay for an expo all checking their 3g at the same time and try to get a decent signal.
    Last edited by CJ702; 12-29-2009 at 02:18 PM.
    12-29-2009 12:02 PM
    Vegas has to be an RF nightmare.
    12-29-2009 12:55 PM
    I'm baffled why does t mobile work perfectly, while AT&T has absolutely no signal? Is it something with the walls that block at&t's signal?
    01-01-2010 10:07 AM
    Someone said T-Mobile has an antenna built internally into the building. That is the reason why T-Mobile's service conquers all throughout the building development. Could that be the case? If so, seems like AT&T will never get service in the development?
    01-02-2010 09:32 PM
    I work at the bellagio (right next to city center. 3g was always bad inside the hotel. Until one day had super fast 3g in the hotel. I was loving it. Then just as quickly, it dissappeared!!! I am not sure what or why. But I am thinking that it will be up and running soon. Maybe it was just a test run and it's almost ready for prim time.
    01-11-2010 01:48 AM
    I just came back from vacation in Las Vegas. We stayed in the MGM and during the week I was there, the data speed went from slow to a crawl. Now to be fair there was the big Mosley Mayweather fight the last night I was there but my wife's droid didn't seem to as affected.

To start the week I was getting download speeds between 200-350 kbps and my the end of the week I was lucky to get 100 with 40 being the norm. I did use the AT&T app, mark the spot, but who knows if that means anything. On the plus side, I had zero issues with making or receiving calls or texts so that was good. It sucked not being able to upload pics to mobileme or twitterfic was so to load updates but I survived.

Before I got the iPhone I asked about service in Vegas & for the most part the replies were positive so I don't know if that's typical or just because every other phone I saw was an iPhone. Also on a side note both the iPhone and Droid only got 2G (edge and 1X) at the Hover Dam, just in case anyone was wondering.
    05-06-2010 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD