3G coverage in VT for AT&T?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Early in 2009, I read a press release saying that AT&T was going to expand 3G coverage into Vermont by the end of the year. Looking at their 3G coverage map, vermont is not covered. Anyone know if that is still accurate, or if VT is now covered? If it isn't, anyone have any ideas when it will be?

Going to VT for the holidays - would love to have 3G there.

Chris

mildougl

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Your are in luck.. sort of.

Just today I saw a 3G symbol on my iPhone for the first time. Looking online, it seems they are just rolling out 3G now. I am on the Essex/Jericho town border, and at my house is the only location it seems to be on in the area.

It seems most of the bigger cities should have 3G by 2010, wether or not that will happen I don't know. The 3G signal has been on and off all day (although really strong and fast when on).

So it seems that some areas will have it, there are a ton of press releases on the web if you do a google search about which towns should have it within the next couple of days.

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I just got an iphone last Saturday. I believe they are rolling out 3g from south to north. I work in Williston and live in Burlington and neither place has 3g yet. Here is info from the press release:

"The wireless carrier also announced that the new roll out was part of its network upgrade plan, and that the network would be deployed in Bennington, Brattleboro, Brownsville, Killington, Vernon, Warren, West Dover and White River Junction during this week. Moreover, the company also aims at firing it up in Burlington, Colchester, Essex Junction, Fayston, Hartford, Jamaica, Jeffersonville, Middlebury, Rutland, South Burlington, St. Albans, Stowe, Waitsfield, West Rutland, West Townshend, West Wardsboro, Williston and Winooski, all before the end of the ongoing year."

I am loving the iphone, and the fact that we are finally getting 3g sealed the deal!

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm...don't see Ludlow on the list (although it was on their earlier press release).

Oh well, we will see.

kgnjames

Sep 15, 2009
Visit site
3G has been available in southern Vermont (Brattleboro) for three weeks, their coverage map looks like it was last updated on dec. 4. As far as I know, Brattleboro, Bennington and Burlington areas are now covered with 3G.

jdc

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Southern Vermont is supposed to go 3g by years end, including Brattleboro, West Townsend, Jamaica, Bennington, and West Wardsboro. I will be up there shortly and will let you know what I find out. I am particularly interested in the Stratton-Wardsboro-Jamaica area

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I think that it is wonderful that AT&T is spending money on bringing 3G to the cows at the expense of people in NYC and SF. Admittedly there is little political resistance from the cows. Like AT&T, the cows are known for "steaming piles."

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Maybe they meant 2010.

I drove the length of Vermont, from the north to south, yesterday. EDGE all the way. Admittedly I-91 sort of follows the NH border. I did see 3G for just a minute as we went through White River Junction, right on the NH border and where I-89 crosses into Vermont. Shortly after that we lost all service for about five miles. Crossed into Massachusetts, 3G.

Of course, 2009 is not quite over yet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods