Well it's that time. The final days of the year and all our tethering goodness will be gone, well unless you pay for the plan. For anyone who doesn't know about this Rogers gave all their iPhone users the ability to tether for free and the data just came out of your monthly data bucket.

Now what, I honestly have no idea what will happen. I am going to call Rogers and figure out what kind of rates they have for tethering.

EDIT:

Well, I just talked to a very nice representative who gave me some great news. The tethering will be free until February 8th and she said that even after that existing customers may be able to keep it for free. I am now very happy with my Network. Sorry AT&T people.
    Last edited by BuddhistGirafe; 12-22-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: New information
    12-22-2009 11:39 AM
    sounds like the tradeoff is data limits.

I can go both ways on if this is better than what AT&T has.
    12-22-2009 12:11 PM
    sounds like the tradeoff is data limits.

I can go both ways on if this is better than what AT&T has.

Data limits? If you mean price for a plan I have 6GB for $30 a month. That is better than AT&T unlimited plan.... which is really a cap of 5GB they just call it unlimited.
    12-22-2009 01:53 PM
    5GB is more then enough for most people, the people who JB and tether currently on AT&T will ruin it for most of us
    12-27-2009 06:52 PM
    Not sure if anyone knows....sure most of you do - but with the 6GB plan, tethering is included now with Rogers.
    05-29-2010 03:20 PM
    I have a 2GB data plan and I don't have to pay for tethering.
    05-29-2010 03:36 PM
    Yeah this is an old-titled thread. I have the 6GB plan and tethering is included. All data plans 1GB or higher, including the 6GB one, are inlcuded.
    05-29-2010 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD