AT&T Never Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
The only question I have is this, was it a true Corporate AT&T shop, or a dealer? I find that I get better communication with dealing with a Corporate shop...

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
We are completely fed up with AT&T. We will be jailbreaking my wife?s iPhone tomorrow and I will NOT be buying the iPhone that I had planned to buy until Apple gets an alternative to AT&T.

My wife bought our kids each an $80 AT&T phone to replace their pre-paid AT&T Go phones. The younger son decided he didn?t want to replace his old phone, so she took the unopened, unactivated phone back to the AT&T store. They said there was a $35 ?restocking charge? for returning the $80 phone. When my wife asked why they hadn?t told her about the restocking charge before she bought the phones they said the notice about that is clearly printed on the back of the receipt. Never mind that the receipt isn?t available to read until after you?ve bought the phone. They then said that if she hadn?t left the store with the phone they could have taken the phone back without the restocking charge, but that since she had left the store with the phone there was nothing they could do. Of course, this simply demonstrates that had they WANTED to they could have given her a full refund, and it wasn?t really ?out of their hands?.

It gets better. Not being one to take abuse without a fight, my wife then stood outside the store attempting to sell the unopened phone to passersby, explaining about the restocking charge and why she was trying to resell the phone. The manager of the AT&T store then approached her saying he was going to call the mall security guard if she didn?t leave. Her response was to call the guard herself and ask how far she needed to be from the AT&T store to be legal. The guard advised her that it wasn?t permitted to sell anything on mall property without a lease agreement. My wife then went to see the mall manager, who ended up buying the phone from her at the original retail price.

AT&T will never see another dime from us?EVER! No matter what! For any product or service! I am an Apple investor, and I will oppose any further dependence or association with AT&T for Apple. Apple is a reputable company. AT&T are simply pirates out to rape the public at every opportunity. Die, AT&T, just die!

So you:
bought something for your kids without getting their input
didn't read the fine print or ask questions about return policies BEFORE buying them
nagged people until someone gave in who had nothing to do with the original situation
and then have the nerve to define them as pirates that rape people

I would say you handled this very poorly and you made an ass out of yourself online.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Have to say this is one of the more crazy reasons to hate on AT&T. Plus it doesn't even really concern the iPhone, AT&T really couldn't care less if you jailbreak it; that's Apple. I also do not know where you shop but pretty much 90% of all stores and businesses charge a restocking fee; online or physical.

I just got back from adding my bro to my AT&T plan (he got an iPhone) and at the end while reviewing everything the restocking is listed right on the front page of their new easy to read contracts in the "Our Policies" section on the second page.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
So you:
bought something for your kids without getting their input
didn't read the fine print or ask questions about return policies BEFORE buying them
nagged people until someone gave in who had nothing to do with the original situation
and then have the nerve to define them as pirates that rape people

I would say you handled this very poorly and you made an ass out of yourself online.

quoted for truth.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it's really based on your location. 3G is faster on ATT than Verizon, but what does it matter to me if there's no 3G around. Verizon offers the best service in my area but I still stay with ATT cause of the iphone. If the phone switched, keeping wifi and not branding it with Verizon's bloatware. I would switch ASAP.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I can understand the frustration but it is a policy of the carrier. I've had carriers waive the fee by simply being nice about it and bam, it's gone.

And because someone works at a AT&T store does not make them a "minimum wage loser" as the OP put it. I'm insulted and I don't even work there.

Don't see this thread going anywhere further and that's why it's closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73