iPhone on AT&T in Los Angeles. How is the coverage these days?

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
I live in Los Angeles, and I must say, in many locations, including my place in the Hills, reception has been pretty good for me. I'm pondering getting another 3GS after playing around with an iPhone 3G ?loaner? has once again (re-)sparked my lust for the iPhone. :D

I had the 3GS for a month when it first came out, and I loved the extra processor speed. The network speed and quality of AT&T was another matter, however. Who amongst my fellow Angelenos (including the Valley's, and the OC) still has bad coverage, and a slow, disappointing iPhone experience?

Thanks everyone! :)

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
During the week I'm in north la county during the weekends I'm in downtown or Hollywood. I've only had 2 times I've noticed a problem with service.
Once was at the Incubus concert with everyone and their mother connecting to the same tower.
The second time was at the house of blues in hollywood. I don't know why but nobody with AT&T had service that evening.

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Interesting comments. Well, I took the plunge the day before yesterday, and I am loving it! :D Do you know if mobiTV works on the iPhone? Any favorite apps I should install.

As for AT&T coverage, I have consistent coverage and speed tests are usually above 1000kbps (using the speed test app from Ookla). Pretty damn awesome!